Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

AWD CHARGERS ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 06:50 PM
DIRTYRAMIN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD CHARGERS ?

I am thinking of switching from RWD to AWD Charger but I have not seen many people with them. Anybody out there have one and if so how do you like it?

Old 12-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Black Hawk
Default RE: AWD CHARGERS ?

Go to chargerforums.com. You will find everything you need to know about Chargers. (I hope it's okay to refer you to another forum.) I am member Kaleb's Hot Wheel over there.

Those with the AWD model seem to really like it. The only complaint I've heard about is that some people don't like that it rides a little higher than a RWD Charger.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:02 PM
C35L
Professional

I don't think they made too many AWD like they did RWD. Aftermarket suspensions for AWD the one I've seen you had to buy something extra to have a smoother ride. Or some people don't care much for AWD cause they don't stop any better than RWD.

I thought about getting an AWD but the R/T package is only available in RWD unless you ask for them to put AWD on the R/T.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Catholic Damage
Professional

may i ask why you feel you need awd?

Old 12-17-2007, 11:26 AM
DIRTYRAMIN

Its the wifes daily driver and she travels a fair bit for work. The road conditions here in winter can be fairly poor with snow and ice. Mosty she feels she would be safer "state of mind" in an AWD compared to her current RWD. I am not sold yet on it since it is more components to maintain, but I also wouldn't mind upgrading to the R/T model since the fuel mileage seems to be fairly close to the 3.5L.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
kustom81

I have an 07' R/T AWD. It has 10K miles on it now, with no problems. I love this car. I am in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We have about 10-20 inches of snow on the ground, and the AWD is awesome. I also have a 4WD SUV, and it is comparable in the weather. You do need to watch the ground clearance in snow drifts, etc. Where else can you get a big 4 door sedan, with a V8, and AWD, at $35K. No one can beat me in the rain either. The AWD is pretty rare. At the time of purchase, when looking on line, I could only find 2 in the whole state of Iowa. I haven't seen any others driving around the Midwest for my job. And I look for them too. The only problem with owning the AWD version, is the wheels. Itsits a little higher, and there sure is a lot of space in the wheel wells, even with 18 inch wheels. I have been looking for 20's and 22's, but the AWD takes a special offset, so the choices are somewaht limited. I am hoping for more and more choices this spring, and hoping the wheel mfr's catch up. You won't be disappointed with a Hemi AWD!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:54 AM
sgtvinnie

Just upgraded to the R/T AWD 2 days ago. What a difference from the 2006 RWD I had. I say go for it you will not be sorry.

Quick Reply: AWD CHARGERS ?