Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Anything new ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:49 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything new ?????

Is there anything new I cant live without???? Ive tryin to get parts rounded up for that 70.
Later Marty

Old 01-15-2008, 09:20 PM
IXLR8
Veteran
Default RE: Anything new ?????

New rotors with "dust free" ceramic pads... I like 'em so far. They do not squeal, and seems to have broken in nicely...

Picture hopefully....
https://dodgeforum.com/photo_view.asp?file=0;1125628

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

Old 01-16-2008, 07:34 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Nothing to write home about, vendors are getting tunesdown and some new cams are poping up. One person on another forum has installed a SRT8 differential on his daytona <= that's trick.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:11 PM
smonforti

I really like the way those rotors look, are they DBA's? Sorry for being nosy but where did you get those and how much did they cost (if you don't mind). I've recently started looking since the rotors and brakes are horrible on our cars. Also, not being mechanically inclined, is this something I can install myself (brakes/rotors)?

Old 01-17-2008, 09:48 AM
IXLR8
Veteran

The rotors are from Brakeworld.com, they are Disk Italia brand. I am very leery of drilled rotors because of their tendency to crack. the picture on the website did not do them justice. These appear to be of excellent quality, and now that I have them broken in, I will push them harder. They were an exact replacement, and installed with almost no effort. I chose the Hawk ceramic pads to go with them, and have proven trouble free (for the 2 weeks I have had them)

UPS lost my first order, but Brakeworld immediately had a replacement in the mail. Kudos.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:14 AM
smonforti

appreciate it