Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Radio Problems Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:05 PM
wsupdp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Problems Please Help!!!

Hey everyone. I recently got a full system installed in my car and am having a few problems.

First the specs:

Alpine IVA-D106 Flip Out TV
Hertz 6x9 components in the front and back
(2) 10" JLw3v3 4-Ohm Subwoofers
430 Watt Soundstream 4 Channel Amp
1000 Soundstream Class D Mono Amp

First problem is the whistling sound coming from the component system. When I start the car there is feedback coming from the component speakers that goes with the alternator. When I hit the gas the sound kinda goes to the flow of me hitting the pedal. Anyone have any ideas on what would be causing this?

My next problem just started happening recently. I got the system installed a few months ago and this didnt start happening til a couple days ago. It doesn't happen everytime but when I hit a bump in the road the headunit shuts off and the gauges zero out then come back on. It seems as if the car shuts off for a second and comes back on. Then the headunit comes back on the gauges go back to normal. Is there a loose connection somewhere or do I have a blown fuse somewhere? Anyone have any ideas on this issue? Mind you I have 22" rims as well so there is a little extra bump in the ride when I hit a bump in the road. But like I said this didnt start happening til recently and everything was fine for the first few months.

I spent a lot of money on this radio and these issues are really annoying. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. You can either drop me a private message or just reply to this thread. Thanks in advance.

Donnie

Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio Problems Please Help!!!

That sounds like a great system. I've been out of the hard core sterio seen too long and don't have any good suggestions.

Welcome to the forum and hope you get those issues figured out.

Quick Reply: Radio Problems Please Help!!!