Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T: Limited Edition Info:

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Challenger Lover
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T: Limited Edition Info:

I approve what you say ! it look like an Intrepid and for the rearlight the old Avenger I think [:'(][:@] Or something that I already saw on the road ! I might be only 15 but I know what is the difference between great cars and good cars ! This is one is not more then a Good !!

But I still love it

Old 05-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Mopee

Better challenge your buddy as soon as you get your SRT and he gets his GT500, because by the end of the first summer the ford will start to fall apart and you may never see it again.
[sm=smiley36.gif]
I don't think you'll need any mods. The autostick will give you better launches, and I think the GT500 is still going to use that live axle setup, so the fully independent charger will corner better.
ORIGINAL: BJsHemi

im new here and trying to find my way around. what would have to be done to the new charger SRT/8 with 425hp, to run with the new mustang GT500 with 450hp thats coming out next year. I have a 2005 Magnum R/T that i bought in july of last year, and now dodge is coming out with the 425hp SRT8. Dodge sure knows how to get into our pockets don't they. Here is whats going on, My brother in law thinks that fords is the only car on earth, im 100% pure dodge. I know that when i get my new charger SRT8 and he gets his new mustang GT500 he is going to show off and try to beat this Dodgeboys charger. I have a little money saved to add some mods to up the 425hp, just not sure what to add. I know the SRT8 Charger will run strong but with the extra weight and less HP then the mustang, it may need a mod or two.

1966 dodge coronet 500 426 street hemi
2005 dodge magnum R/T

Old 05-07-2005, 02:11 AM
HemiMag
Veteran

Anyone know if dealers can take customer orders for the R/T Daytona?

Old 08-11-2005, 03:47 AM
jayskynr
Veteran

GOT TO DRIVE A R/T DAYTONA TONIGHT !!!!!! even though it was my first hemi powered d/c car i have ever driven , it seemed to lack something . maybe it was the size of the car , my driving style , or whatever else , it just didnt appeal to me . Yea it was quick , and comfortable , pretty kewl styling ( interior and exterior ) it just didnt feel right. my fiance loved it though.

I cant wait til the srt-8's come out so she can really see how fast a car should be. until then ill stick to my truck.

Old 08-11-2005, 04:46 AM
Natedogg625
Record Breaker

my dad works at a dodge dealer, when they get in a daytona charger il have to ask him if I could get in a testdrive and have some fun!!!

Old 11-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Daytona RT
Professional

Well the wait is over. I've picked up the Daytona R/T and its not going to be tough bragging on the total package. From driver comfort, body appeal and stock performance the 5.7 does a good job.

Now to potential performance...

Though horse power with pass through exhaust, brought the unit up to 350 horse, the overall weight of the vehicle can really hamper the potential of spanking the domestic competition. 700 pounds heavier than the Goat and 500 pounds heavier than the Pony, if I'm going to really be an alpha type gearhead, I've got to get active with the Mod.

Forced air is a good start. Series 63 K&N should give me an additional 28 HP @ 4700 revs. Add to that some 10+ horse for a throttle spacer, 5+ more for chopping out the resonator (suitcase muffler) and another 28 for the performance module.. thats 71 + horse power or 420+ HP without further modification.

Programmers promise me the Tuner will be developed and on the market sometime between the 3 week of December and the 1st of the year. The obvious benifit from being able to control shift performance, rev limiters, air flow.. timing and upper speed limts puts this vehicle close to the projected performance reviews of the SRT8.. 450 HP.. and for 10 grand less. (thats a well developed supercharger friends.. and charged the 5.7 well exceeds 500 horse.)

There are no weaknesses in this vehicle short of the weight to performance ratios. I've always had a single basic saying for explaining gearheads and the passion for Alpha Status. "Will Power equals Horse Power" Trick is to be smart where you put your effort and dispensable funds.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24013/26A1FAD86CAD4687A73DEA97563102D8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you have some pretty good ideas. As usual I'm jealous.

(dreaming of a midnight blue R/T)

Old 11-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Daytona RT
Professional

I complained to the dealer that all they offered the Daytona in was Man Go and YuckYello.. His answer as usual was simple and to the point. Repaint is..

I'm seriously thinkin Metalic Rootbeer Brown & Gold. The leather and suede interior would be a perfect match. I could get some of the body lines defined with a pinstripe and two tone highlights.. Might be worth while to put a ribbon on the tail hmmm?

Ahh the life of the delusional dreamer.

Old 12-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Top Banana 44

Just picked up my Yucko Yellow today ;-) I was actually going for the Go Man Go Color when I saw this tough looking Top Banana sitting in the
middle of the showroom floor. I went outside looked at the Go Man Go and then went inside and looked at the Top Banana and I can't believe I
got the Top Banana. It actually looked better to me and more agressive than the Go Man Go color. The black trim really sets off the yellow and
it looks totally different when you see it for real rather than on the pictures. I am happy with my choice and I love the way this baby moves :-)
I am number 44 out of 4000.
Any tips for performance add-ons? Can never have enough power

Happy New Year everyone!

Tom in Indy

Old 01-27-2006, 01:51 PM
BadDayte

Don't forget they only made 200 Go ManGo for Canada there are differences, Speedo, Daytime running lights, No Cali Pollution standards so there were actually 4200 made the first 200 of the line were Canadian models.

Brad

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T: Limited Edition Info: