Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

1969 Dodge Charger General Lee article

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:29 PM
IB Adrian
Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 Dodge Charger General Lee article

Hey guys,

Part 1 of the General Lee article is up. What do you guys remember about the Duke Brothers' car? Did it make you want to do different things with your Charger? How did you like (or dislike) the recent remake? Have any stories or images of custom General Lee's?

If you missed Part1, find it here: https://dodgeforum.com/articles/2009...ee-part-1.html

Part 2: https://dodgeforum.com/articles/2009...nd-legacy.html

Old 03-19-2009, 01:44 PM
SilverGhost1
All Star

I was too young to worry about what I was going to do to a Charger. But I do remember Friday nights at my grandfather's house watching it faithfully. It was bowling night for my Mom and Dad. So my sister and I would stay over my Grandfather's house. So the show was not really about the car for so much as for good memories of my Grandfather.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Nofrag
Champion

I liked the 2005 movie, I thought the casting was almost perfect. I'm a big Burt fan, but he doesn't fit the Boss Hogg character, and the guy that played Rosco also was a bad fit. Other than that, everyone was cast pretty well, and I couldn't picture a better uncle Jessie, than good ole Willie. The original show had no choice but to be clean, due to the time it was created. Even though being clean, the sexual content has always been there, just thinly veiled. You could also note that you wouldn't see a still or bootleggin in the original series either, but it was always implied. Current standards just allowed them to be more open with everything.

Quick Reply: 1969 Dodge Charger General Lee article