Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Question need opinions 1970 Charger 500

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Bulldogge2009
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question need opinions 1970 Charger 500

I recently purchased a 1970 Dodge Charger 500. The car was in the middle of a frame off restoration. The previous owner found out he had cancer and passed before he could finish the car. I purchased the car thinking i would make a very nice car of it . To my surprise i have found that the car is a complete numbers matching car. I have all the original parts as well. Now my question the car was origianlly called a medium red color. If i was to go back to completly original. How much would i be hurting the value of the car to change the color to say Hemi orange? What would you do? Thanks guys

Old 08-02-2009, 05:36 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changing the color won't do anything. The only way that you are going to hurt the value of the car with paint is if you paint it hot pink with Hello Kitty all over it. Granted, if you were to sell the car to a true enthusiast, they would want the car to be a color offered from that year, but most would not care.

Post up some pics of the ride, we would like to see it.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably, not a lot. I've seen quite a few restorted, matching numbers cars with engine swaps done and new paint jobs that still hold their value. The key is making sure the work is well done, and the changes are made tastefully. Besides, it's your car, do what you want to it! I don't think any changes are really going to hurt the value too badly if you are up front about the changes you made.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:33 AM
75 W200

What the others said about the paint, because the cars are rare enough nowadays that if it is numbers matching it is still going to be worth a lot of money to a collector no matter what Chrysler color you paint it.

Just stick to the Chrysler color palette for that year...

Personally, I would put it right back to the color it was, but I am somewhat of a purist when it come to muscle cars.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:56 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

Ive also got one of those cars Im trying to see ,needs restored Im minus motor n tranny though. Bring on the pics

Quick Reply: Question need opinions 1970 Charger 500