Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

New to the Charger.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Gwub2005
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Charger.

I've been driving a Dodge 1500 for the past six yrs and have been a member of the Ram section of this forum for a while and unfortunatly my truck passed away. I just bought a 2008 Dodge Charger 3.5L V6 and from experiences within this forum, I'd like to ask ya'll experienced Charger owners if there are any flaws that I should address soon and if there are some modifications ya'll would suggest. Thanks in advance.
Ben.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:51 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the buy, and sorry for your loss...

What I am telling my kids to do on their V6's is look at mostly cosmetic mods, since making a 13 second car will take WAAAAYYYYYY to much money and pointless. The 3.5 has decent get up and go, but in no way a bullet of a car.

Post up some pics of the car, lets see what you got. I just put spoilers on my V6's and let me tell you what, it was the best $280 I could spend on the car. Changed the whole look of it.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Gwub2005
Rookie

I don't have my pictures yet because I'm making the car lot do some modifications to it which include the charger paint scheme and the black r/t spoiler. As soon as they are finished I'll add some pictures to my garage. I was thinkin about gettin an exhaust system installed b/c I had flowmasters on my truck and loved the sound but will I be able to get the nice sound w/ the V6?

Old 08-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Gwub2005
Rookie

Just imagine this charger in the cherry red color and thats my car.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...r_id=263868073

Old 08-07-2009, 04:56 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Originally Posted by Gwub2005
will I be able to get the nice sound w/ the V6?
Do some lookin around on youtube and exhaust sites for the sound of V6's with different kits. I personally don't like the sound. It has a weird pitch to it that is specific to V6's. I have heard exhausts on V6 chargers, challengers, mustangs, and many other V6's and I don't care for them. This is just my opinion though. You need to make that decision.

My kids want the dual look on their car and neither one of them like the sound as well, so I am going to have my exhaust guy fab something for the look, but keeping it quiet like stock. Not looking for any gains there. Their big reason for the dislike is that they have heard my car and was thinking that their engine could have a good sound as well.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:35 PM
santafehemi
Professional

my wife's charger had an oil leak around the oil pan it was fixed by the dealer, but not after taking it to them three diffrent times and showing them where the oil was dripping on the plastic skid plate. there first diagnosis was a bad oil filter and then that they had dropped oil when changing it and it didnt get cleaned. finally they put a dye in the oil and they found the leak on the pan. other then that we havent had any problems knock on wood. but i am also curious if there are any other things.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:45 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

10k miles on mine as of now and nothing. I have made long trips, short trips, and ***** out run the hell out of her on any length and still nothing has happened to my R/T. The other ones are running good, but they only have 1k on them so there is nothing to really compare there.

Quick Reply: New to the Charger.