Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Using Programmer's off ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:07 AM
twisted_dreams_charger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Programmer's off ebay?

I was looking at buyin a programmer off of ebay for my 08 charger which has the 2.7L V6. I am just looking really to just boost up my mpg even though it get's great mpg already. Are those tuner's ok to use? I just don't want to buy one and it miss up my car.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:02 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I haven't see you post up on the forum before so welcome twisted_dreams_charger.

Most tuners are very consiritive and have a tune for the lower octain which improves the overall cost of driving.

What kind of tuner are you looking to get?

Old 08-31-2009, 10:33 PM
twisted_dreams_charger

It is called the Fuel Mileage max. Suppose to increase your mpg by 4 and give you 30 horsepower and 30% more torque for 26 dollars. I just want to know if it is worth it.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:39 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

The well known tuners are Diablo, Superchips and Hypertech (I recommend them in that order)

Besides tuners there are chips which plug into our cars computer and modify some settings. Chips are not dynamic and can't be changed the way a tuner can. The only chip that I've used is the Jet Chip (stage I and II).

I have never heard of the Fuel Mileage max, that said I wouldn't recommend it. For 26 Hemi Bucks the HP and MPG they claim to produce is unrealistic, I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:38 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MangoInTX
For 26 Hemi Bucks the HP and MPG they claim to produce is unrealistic, I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it.
+1 on that.

Be careful too, there is another vendor on ebay selling a Fuse box that claims 50hp gains... LOL!!!!!

I don't even think there is a tuner that you can get for the 2.7 is there? I will have to look.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:46 PM
twisted_dreams_charger

Thanks. Because I have had my problems with tuners in the past with previous vechiles. I had a programmer on my dually that I bought from superchips and it was a pos. So I figured there would be no way that programmer would really work because of it being cheap and plus I have never hurd of it before. But thanks for the advice.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:22 AM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran

I bought an Edge Mileage Max Pro for my 2001 Cummins and had good results. Not sure if this is the same company

Old 09-06-2009, 09:25 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Originally Posted by we_the_unforgiven
I bought an Edge Mileage Max Pro for my 2001 Cummins and had good results. Not sure if this is the same company
HECK NO that is not the same company. Edge programmers are great too, just not for gassers.

The one he is talking about above is one of those cheap boxes you would plug into ANYWHERE on the car and and gain HP and MPG's. There are a few of them on EBay. Just scams to try to get a small amount of money out of you that is not worth fighting for in the end.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:36 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran

His best bet is to buy some performance stickers..

Quick Reply: Using Programmer's off ebay?