Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

What are the big and little differences?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 03:19 PM
1999_Durango_SLT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking What are the big and little differences?

Looking into a Charger now as the wife is begging for one and my L&I case is almost through. I saw they have 4 models that I like to choose from but know nothing about the differences. They are the :

R/T
R/T P
R/T R
SRT 8

Now I know the SRT has a lot of bells an whistles but really want a in depth view on the differences. I can get a 2010 easily under 30k on either of the above.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:27 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first question would be HOW IN THE HECK CAN YOU GET ONE FOR UNDER $30k!!??? LOL!!!! Let me know, I will go get one now.

Anyway to answer your question, all the R/T's have the 5.7 Hemi in it and the SRT has the 6.1 in it.

The SRT has special badging, tires, hood, and leather seating.

The R/T R is the fully loaded R/T model. It is the only way that the car will come with upgraded brakes, exhaust and suspension from the dealer. Not as good as the SRT but pretty nice. With all the R/T models you also get the MDS for somewhat of a gas saver. Not much but it is there.

The R/T is going to be your base model. You will have the engine and look, but get cloth seats, basic radio, and nothing more. The P model will be in in the middle of those 2 obviously.

DO you plan on racing it? If so, go with the SRT (R/T is speed limited around 145 mph). Looking just for something that you can have fun with, then go with one of the R/T models. Plan on doing a full custom job on it, go with the base R/T and build from there.

You can compare and read more on the packages at www.DODGE.com and goto the "build your own car" link. After selecting the Charger to build, your next choice will be to select starting package. You click on the little info marker to read about the packages. I gave you the cliffnotes version though.

Got any other questions? Ask away.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:45 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Danm L&R your all over that one LOL good job!

Old 01-31-2010, 10:35 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spent enough time reading about the car before i bought it and since that was under a year ago, everything is still kinda fresh in my head... LOL!!!

Funny thing is that I sold my CAI to a guy in Ca that just bought an R/T and when I had him on the phone, we talked for 45 minutes as he was asking me all kinds of questions. He is really happy with his purchase.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:16 PM
1999_Durango_SLT
Professional

I just used the dodge dealership here and built my own etc.... that is how I was able to see and get one under 30k well the srt model may be about 33k to be honest I looked online and not at the dealership. Prices always vary where you are located.

I will not be racing so no need for the SRT model. The one I have been eyeballing was the R/T P model which is really close to the R/T R model minus the speed I believe. Did some more soul searching on the net. I used this site to compare the difference so I hope it helps others.

http://www.dodge.com/hostc/vsmc/vehi...Code=CUD201004

Quick Reply: What are the big and little differences?