Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

New Charger R/T owner (Break Pads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Black Avenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Charger R/T owner (Break Pads)

Just bought a '06 Charger with about 70k on the clock. It's dark blue, tinted, HID lights and smoked turn sigs. No nav or auto lights but thats ok with me. Someone took real good car of this car as the leather still looks good (and smells good too LoL!). For such a big car its a blast to drive. Even my wife thinks so! She tells people 'Mommas got a HEMI!' Haha!

I went trough this car doing oil, plugs, air filter and breaks. Next I'll either have the tranny flushed or just change the filter. Fabing a dipstick as we speak.

Thinking of cutting the suitcase of a muffler off and bolting on some Walker Dynomax's (no I dont like Flowmasters). Also trying to figure on how to improve the 17~18 MPG I'm getting. Other than that I love this car!

-Mike

Old 03-17-2010, 11:01 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the buy. She is fun to drive though. You seem like you got things going well for the start. That suitcase muffler being removed is a GREAT start too.. LOL!!! Getting her to breathe will help with the MPG's. Also, the ever so infamous CAI and Predator tune will help too, but don't worry about MPG's then because your foot will never leave the floor. You will be getting 10 mpg's from then on.. LOL!!!

In your title, you have (break pads) in it. Was there something you needed to know about them?

Old 03-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Black Avenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I forgot to remove it from the title but I was able to find Raybestos break pads (the ones they use in sheriffs cars) for a pretty good price trough a friend of mine and was going to ask if anyone was interested. But I didnt want to **** off any mods with my first post so I backed it out. I believe the numbers are ATP1058p & ATP1057p. I got front and back for $75 but I'd have to move quick because he's not restocking ('10 Charger use different breaks so he says, I hant seen anything that proves this yet) them and I think he ony has like 8 sets left but I'll ask him again to confirm that.

I'm the only one I know with an R/T around here so I thought why not let you all know about it. If I had the cash I would snap them all up myself but the wife said 'NO' ~LoL~ considering I just spent over $150 on a tune up and breaks I cant blame her.

Last edited by Black Avenger; 03-18-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:53 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

We don't get mad, we would just delete the stuff that shouldn't be there. LOL!!!

No biggy, glad you got them though.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:40 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

Congrats on the new buy. These cars are awesome and I wouldn't trade it in for anything. I have an SXT with the 3.5L and I've done a lot of stuff to the engine and looking to do more in the near future. I can't even keep my foot off of the pedal myself (I'm getting around 215-220rwhp and I'm aiming for 250-260) and my mileage keeps going downward.

Welcome to the site too.

Quick Reply: New Charger R/T owner (Break Pads)