Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Just bought a 2009 Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Thumper1279
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a 2009 Charger

Hi everyone im knew here
im a former Caddy Owner so i know im taking a big step around the block into mopar and chrysler

i used to do only Lincolns and then i changed to Caddys
now im swapping to this 2009 Charger that i picked up
it's a 2009 with 40k it was origianly a rental car but chrysler bought it back from enterprise then they certified it
and the dealer i bought it from got it from chrsyler
i also opted for the Extended 4 year unlimited mile warranty they have
i belive this has a 3.5 l v6 so its not suposed to be a big gas hog
did i get a good buy at 15999 i also get lifetime free carwashes from the dealer i got it from atleast for aslong as i own the car
its the base SE model so it does not have power seats or anyting special
but i have had a few cars where they did not come with power seats and i went to a Bone yard got a power seat from another vehicle wich was the same and it bolted right in and i just rant the seat wire to a fuse like the radio or the interior light fuses
does anyone know can i do this with the charger will a power seat form a 2009 charger bolt right into the spot where my non power seat is

also what do i need to look out for in these cars what problems should i watch for at about 40k
how many miles should i be able to get on the car before hasving any major powertrain problems

thanks

Thumper

Old 04-09-2010, 08:54 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum thumper.

First off, if you got the SE model, then you have the 2.7L engine. The 3.5L is in the SXT. Just for your information. As for the price, $16k is pretty good, considering the car has a new sticker price around $22k. I have seen them get bought cheaper, I also have seen them bought for more. Plus you got a nice warranty and car washes... LOL!!!

What to watch out for? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... There isn't much to watch out. As long as you know you are not driving a hemi charger and try to race the thing all the time, you will be fine. Meaning, you are driving more of a cruising vehicle not a race car with that engine/tranny. Oh, and take it easy on the shifter. There is a small plastic lock out piece that likes to break and will get you stuck in the park position. Read the sticky thread that is posted at the top of this page and you will see what I am talking about. That is probably the biggest thing to worry about.

Another thing that you might want to look into are the speakers in the car. I have 2 of the 2.7L's that my kids drive. The like to listen to R&B and rap and both cars have blown their stock speakers, even with the low power stock radio. Just a heads up there.

As far as you power seat question. I would assume that it would bolt in fine, however I can not answer on the wiring. Hopefully someone else will pop in with a proper answer for you on that one. You might not like the power seats though. They are super slow. At least my R/T was. If my wife drove the car, and I went out and it was raining, I got a little wet because you are standing there WAITING for the darn thing to move. Power seats are a nice option, but they move like molasses....LOL

Old 04-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Thumper1279

Cool thank you for the info
will watch out and take it easy on the shifter
and the last thing i need is cops watching me so im not planning on speeding not a speed deamon here lol

will have to actauly sit in a charger with power seats and see how they work and if they are to slow for me or what
im just also thinking because in 4 years when its time to trade up it might be nice for power seats plus
i was looking at a cloth power seat that was also heated beacuse i am use to heated seats for the winter even with winter over
still would be nice for next year
thanks for the words up on the speakers
they are actualy covered under the warranty the dealership told me for 4 years and unlimted miles i got the full bumper to bumbper warranty the covers over 5007 parts in the car so thats cool

i am looking into finding a factory navi like the MyGig with the uconect navi system and phone
i found one unite out of a 2009 charger at ther bone yard near me for 700 i think it was
i see a few one ebay for like 600 and 700
i actualy spoke with the parts department today and they said they talked to there tech he said that it might be opening a can of warms but not hard to instal just might throw the computer off in the car but that can always be reprogramed

not gona be doing any of this for atleast untill mid to end of summer but the one cool thing is i foudn out

that rims on my caddy my 20s will fit on the charger because they are the same bolt patern wich is good

Old 04-09-2010, 09:22 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you decide to stay with the manual seats, there are aftermarket heater kits that work with the seats and have a look and feel like OEM. Cheap too, if I recall. Around $100.

The navi system is nice to have with the uconnect for the phone. You won't be disappointed if you purchase it. The tech is right on the reprogramming of the computer though, it will have to be done. Takes about 15 minutes though, not a big deal.

last thing, when you get a chance, post up some pics of your ride in the "Show us your charger" thread at the top so everyone can see it.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Thumper1279

HanksTHanks I pick it up on Monday or Tuesday right now it is in Cleveland Ohio and I am in MI

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2009 Charger