Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.
View Poll Results: A poll
Its a great car
58.06%
Great car, just don't like the name
12.90%
Ugly car, but name is fine
3.23%
ugly car, don't like the name
16.13%
good car, just not what i need
9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Your Stance on the Charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Your Stance on the Charger

My issues with this beauty

1. Too Heavy
2. Not aerodynamic
3. No manual
4. Needs coupe version

Old 05-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Mopee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember GM's Camaro & Firebird? (R.I.P.). Both aerodynamic, but neither sold as well as the more muscular looking Mustang, which was and still is an inferior car in almost every way. As far as a manual transmission, most of us who like manuals have to admit that they suck in traffic. I like the idea of the semi-automatic (autostick). I don't even think the extra weight will be a issue because of the better suspension, brakes, and wicked power characteristics the Charger has over cars like the Mustang.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:42 PM
plum500
Professional

My stance "on" the new Charger would be with both feet firmly planted on the roof, holding a cutting torch.

Old 05-12-2005, 02:00 PM
JDakota92
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two issues:
1. Definately needs to be a coupe
2. Change the rear end to what it was in concept. Having it share with the 300C just isn't right.

Old 05-13-2005, 03:24 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

Definitely have a problem with the name- it has no style to justify the name. Don't like the 4 doors either, but on the concept car, I could have lived with them, because that at least had decent styling and some Charger cues of old. The production version fails on all accounts; from a distance, this will look like any one of a dozen bland plain-jane sedans. If a top-notch drivetrain was all that was needed for success, the new GTO would have been a smash. Plus, no manual tranny? That should be a requirement for an option on any vehicle trying to pass itself off as a 'performance' car.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:00 PM
wildbill
Veteran

The new Charger looks to be a great car IMO. It has the muscle and it has a bit of practicalness. Some people don't like the lack of an auto-option or 4-door look but I would expect that in time that might happen. But as the car it is now and not dreaming of what it could be I think it has solid options and capabilities and a good price. Particularly the SRT-8 is rlooking great...

Old 05-16-2005, 08:55 PM
TM Reich

I am new here but here is my take. The car market has changed dramatically from the glory days of the Charger and other true muscle cars. Back then, "sports sedan" was an oxy moron. Now days those are the cars, apart from supercars (vette and up), that are usually more sporting. Look at dealer lots and you wont see alot of coupes that are successful except high end cars and economy cars. Chevy's Monte Carlo isnt doing well and they only make the Impale in a 4 door. Pontiac has dropped the 2dr Grand Prix and the GTO isnt doing well despite the excellent value for such a performer. Only the Mustang is still around and strong as an affordable coupe with performance. NO Japanese car projects a muscle car image and the German brutes are much more costly. I like the new car, would have liked it better as a coupe, but I still like it a great deal.

Old 05-16-2005, 09:55 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TM, you dont think that a last gen Supra, or an R34 Skyline are worthy performance coupes?

Old 05-17-2005, 12:03 AM
TM Reich

I havnt looked at Toyota recently, but do they still offer the Supra? Nissan the Skyline in the US? (honestly asking, since I have started looking for a car to buy, I have visited those manufacturers websites and havnt seen those models). Last I heard, Toyota was going to bring the Supra back as a Super car, like a GT40 type. Just the fact that we are discussing Japanese cars as performance cars shows how much the market has changed. 240Zs were about it when the Chargers were last around in a respectable manner.

Old 05-17-2005, 01:01 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the skyline and supra are supposed to emerge into the US in 2007..or so ive heard

Quick Reply: Your Stance on the Charger