Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Why does the Daytona R/T make more horses?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 05:17 AM
everyman1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why does the Daytona R/T make more horses?

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

less restrictive exhaust? thats what The Man says, but i know its really thnks to the decals...
The '69 Daytona had a stripe that said Daytona. The '70 Road Runner had an optional dust trail down the side. The E-body Cuda's had an optional hockey-stick stripe and the AAR 'Cuda and Challenger T/A had stripes down the side. The '68 and later Darts and Coronets had bumblebee stripes. The '68 and '69 Charger's had a bumblebee stripe, too, and the '70 and '71 Charger's had a thin longitudal stripe, also. The Duster and Demon could be had with stripes....

How long do I have to go on? Oh, I forgot the GTO Judge and Shelby Mustangs, oh, and let's not forget the Trans Am and nearly every model of Camaro? Not to mention the Corvette and Shelby Cobra... etc.

Stop being childish.

thats the best word i could think of

EDIT: I forgot the Buick GSX.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:44 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

he is ripping on ricers, he isn't serious. it is pat, he knows his car ****.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:53 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: everyman1

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

less restrictive exhaust? thats what The Man says, but i know its really thnks to the decals...
The '69 Daytona had a stripe that said Daytona. The '70 Road Runner had an optional dust trail down the side. The E-body Cuda's had an optional hockey-stick stripe and the AAR 'Cuda and Challenger T/A had stripes down the side. The '68 and later Darts and Coronets had bumblebee stripes. The '68 and '69 Charger's had a bumblebee stripe, too, and the '70 and '71 Charger's had a thin longitudal stripe, also. The Duster and Demon could be had with stripes....

How long do I have to go on? Oh, I forgot the GTO Judge and Shelby Mustangs, oh, and let's not forget the Trans Am and nearly every model of Camaro? Not to mention the Corvette and Shelby Cobra... etc.

Stop being childish.

thats the best word i could think of

EDIT: I forgot the Buick GSX.

well, well, well newbie...i think that maybe you should read around before you come on and fire insults at people who were OBVIOUSLY JOKING...hence the smiley face after my post.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:11 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

newbies who don't even know you are are giving you ****, just like the rest of the people...it is sad

Old 07-26-2005, 06:20 PM
everyman1

well, well, well newbie...i think that maybe you should read around before you come on and fire insults at people who were OBVIOUSLY JOKING...hence the smiley face after my post.
Sorry. I come from the jolt.co.uk NationStates forums. You can NEVER tell when someone's joking over there. 'Cause they always talk about same-sex marriage, abortion, terrorism, tipping waiters, and other stuff that can easily start fights. For legal purposes, I have to assume that they are all serious.

For instance, in one thread we were discussing gay marriage. One guy said "in the Bible..." etc. And then he said that it should be legal to beat gays and lesbians to death in public. Most people thought he was joking, but he was DEAD serious. He was like, "Hell no! I wasn't joking."

One of those religious extremist types who fly planes into buildings and burn "witches" at the stake. They'll never learn.

So, sorry.

EDIT: I didn't notice the smiley.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:43 PM
everyman1

Back on topic;

The Charger/300/Magnum have 5 less HP than the Ram, but an extra 15ft-lbs of torque.

So, it should be like this:

EDIT: How do you post a freakin' picture. I went through hell just to make this POS graph, and I have no idea how to even post it!
EDIT 2: Oh, f*** it! I;ll just do it in text, if I even can...

Hemi Power
---------------
R/T - 340hp, 390ft-lbs
Daytona - 350hp, 390ft-lbs
SRT-8 - 425hp, 420ft-lbs
Ram 1500 - 345hp, 375ft-lbs

There. Jesus Christ. Everything is digital now, and NOTHING, and I repeat, NOTHING, will work at all, even if your life depends on it. You know, all this electronic digital internet crap is really pissing me off. I propose that anyone in the US possesing an iPod (or similar device), PDA, cell phoen, etc. be shot on sight. In fact, anyone who tries to create a digital device should be shot, too.

Maybe, if we do that, then things will WORK when you need them too. And you won't have to get a college degree just to work the TV remote.

Quick Reply: Why does the Daytona R/T make more horses?