Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Looking at a 06 Charger . . . opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:48 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking at a 06 Charger . . . opinions?

I am looking at a 06 Charger with a 3.5 HO and I am not familiar with this vehichle. Have not found out yet if it is a base r/t or sxt. Only has 60K miles. It is Black with black/tan interior, he says loaded!

My question is how is this motor? what trim level does it sound like to you or is there no way to tell? And lastly how is this package on gas mileage, real numbers not what you should get LOL!

Thanks in advance guys!

Old 07-23-2010, 04:57 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The moter... well it's better than the 2.7 but not as good as the 5.7 or 6.1.

That's a stx.

Don't know real MPG I had a R/T.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:29 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a SXT, Mango's having a dyslexic problems there... OAML!!!

As far as the MPG's, it is rated similiar to the R/T believe it or not. Only a couple more HWY miles that is it.

Loaded can mean alot of things. The SXT can come with every possible option that Dodge has to offer. This includes navigation, moon roof, heated seats, blah blah blah.

The engine itself is good though, however, if you want to run it hard, start to look for a R/T. If you plan on using it as a DD and just looking for something better on gas than your truck, then the 3.5 is good. Alot of people buy the 3.5 and do them up real nice for looks compared to race set ups for the R/T or the SRT.

Hope this helps

Old 07-23-2010, 07:41 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well when I first started looking at it I was planning on turning it for profit, now my 18 yr old says she wants it, that is why I was asking about mileage. Not sure yet if I am gonna let her drive it, either way it will not be my DD!

Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: Looking at a 06 Charger . . . opinions?