Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 Daytona Charger-Fan Motors??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010 | 02:11 PM
dodgegirl67
|
Professional
Default 2006 Daytona Charger-Fan Motors??

My 2006 dodge charger daytona top banana overheated last week and dealership said both fan motors went out. I was sitting at idle and the coolant starting bubbling out through the coolant bottle vent. I noticed earlier in the week the ac wasnt blowing cool air and was going to take to dealership for freon check. I had a wrecker pick the vehicle up in the event it was a head gasket. They got error codes that both fan motors were open circuit. They had to change both of them out. What could cause BOTH fan motors to fail at the same time?? I need to know so I can have the problem corrected or watch for it again. It cost me $795 to have repaired. OF COURSE my extended service contract expired 1 month and 17 days earlier. Does anyone know where I can get another service contract at a reasonable cost?? Vehicle is at 49 mo/17days since original purchase of service contract and 67,600 miles.

Old 08-04-2010 | 03:38 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

No idea what happened but glad you caught it and had it towed before major damage occured!

Quick Reply: 2006 Daytona Charger-Fan Motors??