Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

News for charger owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 09:46 PM
spinxracer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default News for charger owner

hi thought that would get your attention. Well i have not been on this site in a while and I'm returning from a two year log-in. Down to business though.

From my understanding, I want to do a motor swap in my charger. 3.5 to maybe a 5.7 or 6.1.
All I see of things that people talk about repalcing is the transmission, rear end, ecu/pcm, and springs on the struts. what all will need to be change out. Already have the car would rather not trade in for another, and the motor is at a reasonable price.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:25 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First question is:

Which tranny do you have? The Nag1 5spd or the 4spd. If you have the 5 spd you won't need to get a different tranny. We have the same tranny as the V8's otherwise.

You are going to need a new suspsension system. Get the KW V2. That's the one suspension that I know of that you use. I have the V1 and it's a great system. Or you can find someone who is looking to get rid of their SRT or R/T.

ECU/PCM should come with the engine. Rear end can be the 3.06 or higher. Look around at all of the different websites. There are guys out there that are swapping out their engines for strokers. They're usuall going for under $4G. Same with the rear ends and axles.

I hope that this is a starter for ya.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:02 PM
spinxracer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My f ing suspension suck help

Ok does the dodge charger v6 and v8 have the same cross member/k frame in the front and rear. I want to swap my v6 with a v8 and i want to no will the motor drop in on the crossmember with the change of motor mounts. ok i have already establish the upgrades of tranny axle struts and brakes.

Quick Reply: News for charger owner