Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

SRT-8

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: SRT-8

ORIGINAL: Loghead

I joined 15 days ago yessir,
For your information kiddies, I've been driving MoPars all of my life (well since I turned sixteen), which you'd already know if you actually read my posts, but I'll admit that these days Ford, in particular, is building cars that I consider more desirable.

If you think my anti '06 Charger rants have been too intolerable, just wait....

And nickoboy, I'm no more a stinker than you are when you consistently slam older cars, MoPars included. There are more old MoPars than new ones, and there are more fans of old MoPars than new ones. That's probably reflected in the membership of this site, so to use your logic; why are you posting anywhere on this board?
Rhetorical question, of course, because like me, you can post where you want.
I'm not a f***ing kiddie...

I'll just repeat it....

He joined 15 days ago...
All 16 of his posts are in the Charger section...
He visits a section for a vehicle he doesn't like...
He keeps coming back just to argue about the Charger...

I didn't say you couldn't post here, LOL It just doesn't make sense... It's silly ha ha

Old 06-03-2005, 01:34 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT
and believe me...i get more complaints about "the charger is the coolest thing ever" people than i do about the "charger is another boring sedan" people.

what you mean?

i think there are far more fans of current mopars then past. lets go to the true test of sales figures. in what year did dodge sell better then they are now. the only reason it SEEMS there are more old people fans, is because there is more years of fans. in 20 years the fans of this current lineup will be a MUCH larger group then the current group of the past mopars fans.

o btw Ive driven Chrysler/dodge all my life too. I'm on my 7th mopar.

Old 06-03-2005, 02:27 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

youre on your first mopar...

there are not far more current mopar fans than old mopar fans...maybe in 'tha 3-1-3' there are alot more people pimpin intrepids and pacificas...but youve never been anywhere other than your little realm to have any idea of who likes what...the mopar nationals draws people from all over the world...tens of thousands of people yearly...and there are almost NO new cars. no one in the future will ever say.."wow, look at that gorgeous stratus or intrepid..i had one when i was younger..it was so fast and so cool"...and if someone does, their life is very, very boring. you will never see your car or mine on the barret jackson auto auction because our cars will never, ever be worth anything...EVER. in 20 years, your car and mine will be not spoken about...saying "i had a fly intrepid or stratus" compared to someone who says "i had a 69 cuda or 69 chevelle or even a 69 cobra" wil make you sound like a moron...

there are more sales now because the average car per household is MUCH higher than it was in the 60s/70s, and more people rely on automobiles than they did in the 60s/70s. i would expect even you to know that. that sales figure arguement was ridiculous...

nicko...PM SENT.

Old 06-03-2005, 02:32 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Nick please tell me you can't be serious. The reasons are simple why we sell more. There are more people to buy them(population). There are more people working(women). And leasing has played a huge role in the current sales surge. Its not the products trust me. They help, but are not the main reason.

Joe

Old 06-03-2005, 02:50 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

and..in those days, it was fairly unusual for someone who was very young, say 16-21 to drive....unless they were very wealthy...now, i dont know that i knew someone who didnt have a car when they were 16, even if it was a crappy one...

Old 06-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Loghead
Amateur

Let me just add:

I grew up admiring the MoPars of the 60's and 70's, and then I was lucky enough to come of age while someone in their late teens could still afford what would now be considered a collectible MoPar.

If you've never driven (with complete freedom)a genuine big block powered musclecar (as I have) then you have no idea..no frame of reference in which to compare the old iron to a Strat or a 'trep. Having driven both classes of vehicles, when I say that I admire one of these newer cars for it's strengths (mainly handling and ride) and I find it's straight-line performance acceptable, it counts for more because I've been there. The first people who had to be convinced the 'trep (in particular) was an exciting car to drive and not that hard to look at were people my age, not someone the age of my kids( Midnight Blue)
Incidentally Midnight; enjoy being called a kid while it lasts, because sooner than you think some kid 25 years younger than you will tell you you don't know what you're talking about because you're "too old to know" . When that happens, you can visit me in my rocking chair and bitch about "kids these days".

Old 06-03-2005, 05:05 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

and before anyone spouts off....save your "my dads friend owns this and that and ive ridden in it", because its not the same...while my mirada is by no means a classic muscle car..my drivetrain is out of a 69 cuda, and as you know, my brother has an old B body. just going for a ride, or turning the wheel while daddy pushes the pedals is nothing like going out and thrashing around in a 400+hp RWD car. loghead, i dont think that this should even be exclusive to old RB engines, because ive seen many an A engine that would run right along, but im sure you know that.

and the "youre too old" thing doesnt work with me as im only 26 and the "you dont know what youre talking about because you dont have any experience" doesnt work because i have at my disposal a pretty high performance truck, a high performance RWD car, a mild performance FWD car, a turbo car, and i have vast experience with driving a european luxury touring sedan. the only thing that i havent gotten myself into is a bike...yet.

nicko, sooner or later, you will hopefully get to takeout an old brute horsepower RWD car..and you will find that it is a whole different world. i know it wont handle like one, but with alot less work and less cost, they will hammer the new charger.

everyone needs to get off this "the new charger is better than the old charger" or vise versa...they are different classes of vehicles...the old charger was a straight line monster...the new charger has yet to prove its usefulness, and i dont go by magazine tests, they are all biased. this insitance on comparing the old charger to the new one is like comparing an indy car to a monster truck...

Old 06-04-2005, 03:18 AM
done
Rookie

Just so everyone has some inforamation to argue with, may I suggest this site.

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...-history.shtml

Old 06-04-2005, 04:23 AM
Loghead
Amateur

loghead, i dont think that this should even be exclusive to old RB engines, because ive seen many an A engine that would run right along, but im sure you know that.

Absolutely!
You can still get a wicked kick in the pants with a smallblock, and for alot less than 30 grand.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: done

Just so everyone has some inforamation to argue with, may I suggest this site.

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...-history.shtml
I've known about that web site for a while.

Pat, that website is where I got the muscle car stats in the last muscle car argument in Off Topic.

Quick Reply: SRT-8