Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

AM/FM reception problems, STILL!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 PM
khurst
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AM/FM reception problems, STILL!!!!!!!

All,
I posted about 7 months ago about poor AM/FM reception onmy 06 R/T with 6CD/CASS and rear DVD. My dealer has removed the radio and sent it back over 5 times now (leaving me with no radio for a week each time)and still the reception sucks--AM is practicly non existant (unless your parked next to the radio station and FM is not much better. The dealer has checked the "antenna" and radio and says its fine--so whats the problem??? I am loosing my patience[:@], has anyone had the same problem and was your dealer able to fix it and if so what did they do. I am even considering adding an aftermarket antenna but don't know if it will work with the radio. Any help is REALLY appreciated.

Thanks, Kirk Hurst
Corpus Christi, TX

Old 10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
crapscott
Default RE: AM/FM reception problems, STILL!!!!!!!

The antenna on the charger is integrated into the rear window. Have you had it replaced? If not, tell the dealer to replace the window before you buy another radio.You could easily replace the radio and still have the same problem ifthere is an issue with the antenna.

I rarely if ever listen to the radio. I listen 99% of the time to Sirius so I have no idea ifmy radio even has an FM or AM. The CD player workers the other 1%.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:46 PM
stewtina
Veteran

Crappy reception, thay told me it was because of hills I live in the panhandle ican see oklahoma from on one side and new mexico on the other and theats from me standing in the bed of my truck. Same problem i like to listen to the West Texas A&M buffaloes on local am radio but only get part of game and lots of static. I listen to woai out of San Antonio in my truck

Old 06-15-2008, 03:16 PM
RAYWILL1

I have the same problem with a 05 grand caravan, However I finally solved it. there is an am/fm antenna booster on line at
http://www.carparts.com/autoparts/Pr...m%2Ffm+booster
It is $7.99. plus postage, (amost as much as the unit.). this unit plugs into the antenna behind the radio and hooks to the Ignition lead. I was amazed at the improvement, I live in the Tx hill country, and am reception is terrible. Now, when I hit SEEK, I get many many stations.
Just one small problem. the unit has the standard motorola antenna plug, and chrysler has a different type. So I siimply cut the plutg off the car cable, and cut the plug off the unit cable, and swapped them to make it compatable. I would suggest soldering the coax connections and be sure to insulate them well. But it does solve the problem. hope this helps. Ray.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:19 PM
al.davies33

Originally Posted by khurst
All,
I posted about 7 months ago about poor AM/FM reception onmy 06 R/T with 6CD/CASS and rear DVD. My dealer has removed the radio and sent it back over 5 times now (leaving me with no radio for a week each time)and still the reception sucks--AM is practicly non existant (unless your parked next to the radio station and FM is not much better. The dealer has checked the "antenna" and radio and says its fine--so whats the problem??? I am loosing my patience[:@], has anyone had the same problem and was your dealer able to fix it and if so what did they do. I am even considering adding an aftermarket antenna but don't know if it will work with the radio. Any help is REALLY appreciated.

Thanks, Kirk Hurst
Corpus Christi, TX
I just bought a 2007 Charger R/T. I Love the car! But, I only listen to am radio and it does not coming at all!!! WTF! I can't believe this!!! Replacing the rear window seems like a pretty costly repair. Especially seeing that I'm not the knuckle head who thought it was a good idea to tie the antenna into the rear defroster. Has anyone come up with a not so expensive repair for this?

Quick Reply: AM/FM reception problems, STILL!!!!!!!