Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

08 front end clunck

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:09 AM
chrisv
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool 08 front end clunck

Driving at lower speeds 40 mph and below every little bump causes a "clunck" type of sound from front end. I don't hear it at highway speed and sometimes not after car has sat for long period of time. Like it only happens when warmed up. Grab front wheel @ 3 & 9 oclock get a small amount of movement at the ball joint connected to the rack/pinion steering shaft. Is this ball joint the issue? Any help or ideas greatly appreciated!

Old 11-13-2010, 10:06 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Could be a joint or even a blown shock. To much throw on the bounces and the springs are smacking. If the shock is real bad, you will be able to bounce car like a basketball. Sometimes it doesn't always do this depending on how bad the shock can get. You won't feel this on the highway because most highways are pretty smooth and what imperfections are there, you are going fast enough that barely effects the car.

Most garages will give a free estimate when it comes to suspension issues, so I would go have that looked at ASAP.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:15 AM
chrisv

Just replaced outer tie rods they were the only thing showing any sign of wear and slop. Everything feels and rides tight & quiet now.Alignment scheduled for 1:00pm today will post back if this cured my problem. Thanks

Quick Reply: 08 front end clunck