Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Help, no heat

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 09:54 PM
mrs166
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Help, no heat

Hello...I am having another problem with my 08 charger. I love this car, but every other month, it seems like something else is wrong. Now, when I start my car, the airbag light stays on and the heater/air controls wont work...will not turn on or put out any heat. Does anyone know what I may be faced with here. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 01-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Ramdit
Amateur

I'd start by checking the fuses under the hood and the ones in the back by the battery.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:39 PM
mrs166
Default TIPM Module

No heater blower, no rear defrost...airbag light on...
Well, it wasn't a fuse. I broke down and drove 30 miles to a dealership. On the drive, I noticed that the airbag light was off so I decided to try the heater blower and it worked...after freezing for most of the trip! After they looked at my car, the shop manager told me that it had "lost communication cods-TIPM module all stored, not active at this time". Not sure what that means, but he re-set something and everything is working now and the airbag light is off. He did not mention "activating" the module. He said that if it did the same thing again, bring the car back in and he may be able to diagnose more if the problem was occurring at that time. UGGGG! It is scary just waiting for it to go out and not knowing how to fix it.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:09 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything in this car and all Dodges for that matter are connected to the computer. What he was saying was that there were some codes stored in the computer but nothing active that he could do a proper diagnosis.

So what he did was reset your computer clearing the codes. Sorta like rebooting your home computer. Now if it happens again, and the problem goes away on the trip out, the NEW codes that are stored will help point him in the right direction since they will current from the last time he cleared them out.

Something else he may have done is upload a new program to your computer as well. There are a lot of computers out there from the '08 year that needed the software upgrade.

I wouldn't worry to much about the problem. There is a better chance of it being bad software on the cars computer than an actual problem with a part.

Quick Reply: Help, no heat