Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2007 Charger Rear Hub Help Please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:50 AM
coleman2332
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Charger Rear Hub Help Please!!!!

So I was trying to rotate my tires at home when I found out that all the rear driver side studs where stripped the last time the wheels where taken off.So in order to replace them I have to pull the hub off and thats where the problem comes in at.I got 2 of the bolts loose but the 2 bottomw ones are really a pain.I think I may have stipped them now trying to get them off.I used a size 10mm socket.Is that the right size and if not whats my next move to get these off?My car is down until this gets done and I need it fixed ASAP.So in need of some really fast replies and some really good ones. Thanks ahead of time

Old 02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

supposely you have to remove the Hub. That's the right way to do it.

But the other way to do this is remove the Starwheel adjuster for the parking brake, Cut a hole in the the sheet metal plate behind the rotor to put a stud in.

I usually cut the Star wheel adjuster hole for the parking brake bigger, that is a good spot. Just put a piece of duct tape there afterward.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
coleman2332
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info but before I read this I went back out for one more wack at it and found out that you can actually pull the axles back far enough to get in there easily to get the bolts out.granted I had rounded one out so I had to use a smaller socket to get it off but I got it.Now im just going to replace all the studs and may go ahead and replace every single one on the car.I dont know if it was the factory lug nuts or just somebody jacked it up when they put the wheels back on but those studs and lug nits are terrible.I plan on upgrading the wheels soon so this was probably a good idea.

Quick Reply: 2007 Charger Rear Hub Help Please!!!!