Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

street/track performance group

Old 07-07-2005, 04:27 AM
COCharger
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: street/track performance group

Doesnt change the fact the base price of a Daytona is the same as a base RT options or not....
You are basing your claim that the base prices for the Daytona and R/T are the same price on what? That the website shows them as the same price? You are deluding yourself if you believe that you will be able to get a Daytona for the same prices as an R/T using this reasoning. If you are able to prove to me that a dealer has confirmed that they are indeed the same base price, I will retract my claim that they are not.

In the mean time, to support my claim that the website MSRP prices for the two version are wrong and they are truely not the same:

All product illustrations, prices and specifications are based upon current information at the time of programming. Although descriptions are believed correct, complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. DaimlerChrysler Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in prices, incentive programs, specifications, equipment, colours, materials, and to change or discontinue models.

The Standard Equipment list highlights selected items - see your Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge retailer for full details. All prices are based upon Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices ("MSRP") in Canadian dollars and exclude taxes, duties, licence, registration, insurance, PPSA (if applicable), options and freight and destination charges, unless specifically included, and retailer fees. See your retailer for details. Retailers are independent and are free to set their own charges. Please see your retailer for latest information.

The MSRP, as specified, is based on pricing in effect as of May 26, 2005 for a vehicle purchased in Canada, and reflects the choices you made in equipping your vehicle. Air conditioning tax is not included in the MSRP calculation. Pricing is based on this vehicle being purchased and registered in Canada. See you retailer for the latest information.

(there is more, but not really pertinent to this debate.)

Source: Dodge Pricing Disclaimer

Good Luck, prove me wrong. If you do, I will be envious that you in Cananda are able to get one for the same as an R/T. But then again, maybe not. Only 200 are being made for Canada. By now, probably too late to get your name on a list for one (this year).

Old 07-07-2005, 02:46 PM
wpgdakota
Professional

I will be able to get a Daytona for invoice no problem....and if anyone walked into a Dodge dealer up here they would be paying sticker at the most...I checked with the dealership and the website is right that is the base price plus whatever options...This isnt the first Dodge product i've bought I know what i'm doing ive already bought a Dakota and SRT-4 this year and the SRT4 was probably the hardest dodge car to get up here...

Old 07-10-2005, 01:04 AM
maneval69

Road / Track “Performance Group” is a $1600 (MSRP) option on the base RT.
That package includes every thing from the Daytona Package with these exceptions.
Daytona color scheme and decals, front chin spoiler and rear deck lid spoiler.

The Performance group package is rated at 350HP and 390 lb-ft torque.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:32 AM
rakort

ORIGINAL: maneval69

Road / Track “Performance Group” is a $1600 (MSRP) option on the base RT.
That package includes every thing from the Daytona Package with these exceptions.
Daytona color scheme and decals, front chin spoiler and rear deck lid spoiler.

The Performance group package is rated at 350HP and 390 lb-ft torque.

What about the blackout grill?

Old 08-01-2005, 11:22 PM
COCharger
Amateur

Nope. Not that either.

Basically the R/T w/R&TPP gives you the drivetrain, suspension and exhaust of the Daytona, but none of the "appearance" features (other than the wheels, which are optional).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: street/track performance group