Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 Charger tranny problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:59 PM
BLANDKROHN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Charger tranny problem?

after starting car and shifting into drive or reverse the car dies, restart car , car runs(idles)fine just doent go into gear, has the auto/stick feature, whats the problem,,,forgot to menton no indacaterlights or check engine light is not on, had car towed to dealership and they could not find anything wrong, drove fine for month then acting up agian,,, any ideas???

Last edited by BLANDKROHN; 04-03-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:32 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's weird that there are no check engine lights coming on in this situation. Everything in the tranny area is tied to a code somehow.

The only thing that I could think of is maybe your shift/lockout solenoid has an intermittent problem. Again though, this should throw you a code to let you know. Everything in your car is tied into your computer.

Maybe, your car needs reprogrammed. It is a 2006 so you might be running old software on it. I know alot of people that have needed their '06 and '07's reflashed in order to get them running better.

I don't know what the current software version is that is out there but have the dealer check it. Not all dealers will look if the car is running fine.

Quick Reply: 2006 Charger tranny problem?