2006 Dodge Charger keeps shutting off - Page 4 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Charger
Reload this Page >

2006 Dodge Charger keeps shutting off

Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Dodge Charger keeps shutting off

Old 09-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Chillone007

Originally Posted by Scottdrinkh20 View Post
My 2006 dodge charger was also shutting off randomly. I also took it to the dealership after reading this forum. The dealership wanted to replace all sorts of crap and the warranty I had wouldn't cover it because they didn't know if it would fix the problem. So that being said, I read up on the PCM myself. The error code they got was lost connection to the PCM. I you tubed how to remove the computer. I used a half inch socket and a flat head screwdriver to get it out. After removing the connectors I inspected them and all the connections looked fine but had come a little loose from the computer itself. So I used a zip tie to strap the connection (orange with power feed) to the computer. This solved the problem and took me 10 minutes. : ).. Hope that helps others too. Just a poor design by dodge.
I bought my charger RT in LA and brought it up to Oregon less then a month later. It ran awesome during the first month no problems. I let my wife drive it for the first time once I got to Oregon and it wont start after going to the store and parking for 20 minutes. Long story short....ended up putting in new PCM. Not cheap!!

Ever since the new computer was installed the car would stall out pretty much always. There were days were it didnt happen at all (but those were so few and far between that I could count them on one hand) and days were it happened 20 times on my way to work. Had to get a new alternator Im pretty sure due to this problem. F me.

1 year later....

This morning it stalled out 13 times in a 7 minute freeway drive, 3 of those times I had to actually pull over and wait for the TCM to boot back up so it would go into gear. Always starts back up just fine no matter how many times it stalled but sometimes the trans would not engage.

Anyway this renewed my search to find answers. This post seemed ridiculous but I had tried everything else including jumping the emergency shutoff relay which fried my oxygen sensors.

I decided to give the zip ties a try because nothing else made sense other than a short of some sort and well it doesnt get much easier then this.

Wouldn't you know, $0.30 in zip ties later and my car runs normal, has not stalled since and aside from needing the oxygen sensors replaced seems to be running 100% better then it was.

Thank you SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2017, 09:14 AM
WillMurray

Originally Posted by Scottdrinkh20 View Post
My 2006 dodge charger was also shutting off randomly. I also took it to the dealership after reading this forum. The dealership wanted to replace all sorts of crap and the warranty I had wouldn't cover it because they didn't know if it would fix the problem. So that being said, I read up on the PCM myself. The error code they got was lost connection to the PCM. I you tubed how to remove the computer. I used a half inch socket and a flat head screwdriver to get it out. After removing the connectors I inspected them and all the connections looked fine but had come a little loose from the computer itself. So I used a zip tie to strap the connection (orange with power feed) to the computer. This solved the problem and took me 10 minutes. : ).. Hope that helps others too. Just a poor design by dodge.
poor design by Mercedes. Thatís who designed the 2006 charger

Old 12-06-2017, 06:36 PM
christopher johnson
Default Itís your computer m

I was having the same problem , i spent hundreds of dollars and finally the dealer found that my pcm was over heating . Now my car runs perfectly .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Charger keeps shutting off

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: