Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

ESP/BAS Light..not fixed after going to dealer, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 06:06 PM
yobotoki
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESP/BAS Light..not fixed after going to dealer, please help!

Hi everyone, I am new to the website. My BAS/ESP and Traction light (squiggles) has been coming off the past month or so. I took it to the dealer today and $500 later they replaced the outer tie rods, steering angle sensor and did a four wheel alignment. At the light before I got home the lights came back on!! Anyone have any advice? I called the dealer and they said it could be a clockspring or lock spring something in the steering wheel. I'd like to avoid paying more and more until they figure it out, thanks for any help you can provide!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:03 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, that would be a misdiagnosis and they need to do it right this time. Don't pay them anything else. Side note...it's almost NEVER a steering angle sensor. Someone just read the code verbatim and slapped a sensor on it.

Last edited by TNtech; 08-06-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:20 AM
jukka
Default ESP/BAS and ABS lights stays on after battery died/replaced with new one

DODGE CHARGER 5.7 liter R/T 2007

NEED HELP!!!!!! I have similar problem

Did not drive my car in 4 weeks/ battery died/ tried to charge it for 18 hr/ could not still start the car. Bought a new battery / car started right away. Great I thought; seconds later EPS/BAS and ABS lights came on.

I have tried disconnecting battery/ turning weel left then right then center and then shut car down. Drove 50mph about 1 mile. Did not help.

Tried removing battery cables again/no help. Tried disconect fuses # 11 and # 17 / no help.

Did what manual say at the bottom of this note (factory recomendation) for sync./ no help.

ANYTHING ELSE I COULD TRY? LIMITED OPTION AVAILABLE BECAUSE I AM IN DUBAI UAE

Thanks

Jukka

The malfunction indicator light for the ESP is combined with BAS. If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or discharged), the ESP/BAS malfunction indicator light may be illuminated with the engine running. Turn the steering wheel completely to the left and then to the right. The ESP/BAS malfunction indicator light should go out.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:04 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Jukka, you need to get the codes pulled. Alot of things can happen in 4 weeks of sitting. I know in the states 4 weeks is plenty of time for squirrels or mice to find a nice home in a stationary object. For some reason they like to chew wires. Could be a number of things.

What you are describing is relearning the steering angle sensor. I could still be a wheel speed sensor problem, a clockspring or a module issue.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:28 PM
jukka

Thanks, i will try driving a bit longer distance and also maybe find parking are where i can drive circle ( i saw that one work for someone w similar problem) if anyone else have better advice please advice me at email jukkatorvela@gmail.com. Anyway, back to desert heat... Jukka

Quick Reply: ESP/BAS Light..not fixed after going to dealer, please help!