Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

ABS ESP BAS lights came and stays on

Old 08-13-2011, 07:50 AM
jukka
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS ESP BAS lights came and stays on

Hi Guys; Need help to reset ABS ESP BAS lights on my Charger 2007 R/T.

Did not drive my car in 4 weeks and battery died. To make story short; After replacing old battery with new one (AC DELCO 94R72); ABS ESP BAS lights came on right away after I started the car.

I have tried all reset option I have been able to find on web. Including Dodge Manual ESP reset by turning wheel right/left/center then turning ignition off.
Pulling breaker’s 11 and 17. Disconnecting battery for few minutes. Driving it on 60mph+ for more than 50 miles.

And about everything else I could think of.

There are no P_ _ _ _ code's on my car after I did do the test . (Turn key to On/acc/On/Acc/On)

I have done instrument cluster reset as well (just to verify it's not cluster problem) no help with that either.

Pushing ESP switch has no function at all. It stay off.

I have read on web this could be ABS sensor problem but it is unlike that because all lights came on after battery died and it was just sitting at parking garage for 4 week's

If you have any other ideas please post it here or send me direct email to jukkatorvela@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot; here are few pictures to give you guys better idea about the problem. Sorry if this post is too long.

Regards
jukka

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}

Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since it is an '07, when was the last time you had it in the dealer for any kind of service. I know that there has been at least 2 or 3 software upgrades since then. That might be your issue. Since the battery died, all memory was erased and the software you are running might be glitched. Most dealers are reflashing the cpu for free, some for a small fee. I would check that out. I say this because you just mentioned ALL of the resets/procedures that I would have told you about. Last thing is software. Many have had issues with this and so far almost all of them came back with fixes after visiting the dealer for a software flash. One actually had the sensor though. LOL!!!

Old 08-13-2011, 12:05 PM
jukka

Thanks for the advice. I will take it to local Dodge dealer here in Dubai UAE and see what they can do about it.

I was hoping that there is some quik reset for the system that I could do myself but you mind be right about computer is out of date/data after being empty/dead for couple of weeks.

Dubai Dodge dealer's engineers are not the top engineers in the world as you can understand that fact. They are somewhat helpless when there is an issue with electrical faults and etc. I will let you gyus know what is outcome of it.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:21 AM
jukka
Default ABS ESP BAS lights UPDATE

Hi Guys; I took my car to dealer and they found out there was three msg in computer that caused these light to come and stay on.

ABS-C2206-VEHICLE CONFIGURATION MISMATCH

ABS-C121A-STEERING ANGLE SENSOR NOT INITIALIZED

ABS-C2205-STEERING ANGLE SENSOR INTERNAL (BATTERY LOW VOLTAGE)

It took about 1.5 hr for them to test/clear/test drive car at cost about 60 usd.

Everything seems to be working fine so far; I will keep my fingers crossed hoping it stays that way.

Thanks for the all the help you guys provided on my Thread and others by respondind and giving ideas how to solve them

Regards

jukka

Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 PM
petro3

Originally Posted by jukka
Hi Guys; Need help to reset ABS ESP BAS lights on my Charger 2007 R/T.

Did not drive my car in 4 weeks and battery died. To make story short; After replacing old battery with new one (AC DELCO 94R72); ABS ESP BAS lights came on right away after I started the car.

I have tried all reset option I have been able to find on web. Including Dodge Manual ESP reset by turning wheel right/left/center then turning ignition off.
Pulling breaker’s 11 and 17. Disconnecting battery for few minutes. Driving it on 60mph+ for more than 50 miles.

And about everything else I could think of.

There are no P_ _ _ _ code's on my car after I did do the test . (Turn key to On/acc/On/Acc/On)

I have done instrument cluster reset as well (just to verify it's not cluster problem) no help with that either.

Pushing ESP switch has no function at all. It stay off.

I have read on web this could be ABS sensor problem but it is unlike that because all lights came on after battery died and it was just sitting at parking garage for 4 week's

If you have any other ideas please post it here or send me direct email to jukkatorvela@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot; here are few pictures to give you guys better idea about the problem. Sorry if this post is too long.

Regards
jukka

my wifes nitro had the same thing w/out cruise control and traction control not working also(speed sensor code came up but not active)so i figured it had to moving to be active,changed front and rear speed control sensors on the right side and fixed it

Old 03-31-2014, 07:05 PM
bsd359
Smile 2010 Dodge Charger SXT

Hello,
Having trouble with my BAS and ESP light stays on when car is started and driving. Sometime a tremble at brake peddle when braking. Stopping is still good so far. any suggestions thanks BSD359

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS ESP BAS lights came and stays on