Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Dayton Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005 | 03:20 AM
rakort
Default Dayton Seats

I've been wondering about the daytona seats. By all appearances they have the look and probably the feel of a high performance seat. I read something the other day about the SRT4 that made me think....the comment (from a car and driver or road and track editor or the like...don't quite remember) went something like the SRT4 rides like a lumber wagon, has mide numbing exhaust noise and the seats put your legs to sleep after an hour. Not very kind words to say the least.

So my concern is if the Daytona seats would have any similar traits to the SRT4 seats. I would certainily be an unhappay camper if the seats were anything less then comfortable and inviting. I'm 6'3" and find myself shifting postion around to keep my attention up when driving. I drove an RT the other day and found myself slouched / leaning over the center of the car while resting my chin on my hand and my elbow on the center console. I found the seats just fine in my search for the ever better and constantly shifting driving position.

So, since I don't have a Dayton to test drive...will seats be for me? Will the side supports be too restrictive for me? Will my legs go numb? Will I be restricted to the "ideal" driving position?

If I'm understanding things correctly I DO have the option to equip a Daytona with the normal leather seats, is that right?

Brian

Old 08-02-2005 | 04:26 AM
COCharger
Amateur
Default RE: Dayton Seats

I'm sorry I cannot help you with most of the first part of your question. I too have test driven the R/T and found it to be very comfortable. However, I am only 5'11" but larger than most, so I am usually worried about hip room. I am not sure how the performance seats will be for comfort. Since 90% of the time I am in the car for a short period of time (an hour or less), I figured that it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Maybe someone out there with a Magnum or 300C SRT-8 can give us a clue about these seats as far as comfort goes for tall folk and wide folk.

As for optional seats when ordering an '06 Daytona, sorry, but the performance seat are it. I watched over the shoulder of my dealer as he entered the order into the system and when it came to specifying the seats there was only one choice. The performance seat with the color coordinated stitching.

Old 08-13-2005 | 06:22 PM
wannahemi

The performance seats are the sh*t. The side bolsters do much better than the standard leather seats when you get into the gas. Take a look:

[IMG]local://upfiles/8149/BD3C9E1AB8DA4F03AAD6DB7F476399F5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-20-2005 | 01:12 AM
heith01

I would say they are the same seats the put in the SRT8 with slightly diffrent coverings. As far as putting your legs to sleep. I think NOT! These seats are Soooooooooooo comfortable. They hug the sides of you body and have a firm grasp on you. They are so nice you could sleep in them.

Old 10-22-2005 | 05:20 AM
COCharger
Amateur

Now that I finally have mine, I would have to agree with heith01 on the comfort. However, I wouldn't sleep in them. I am a large man and was at first worried about the snug-ness that the bolstering would have, but was surprised at how well they worked for me. No pressure in odd areas (especially the legs). Just a nice fit and make me feel like one with the car and not like I have to hang on to something if I decided to make a turn a little more agressively than normal.

Quick Reply: Dayton Seats