Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 Pedder's Suspension Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012 | 08:33 AM
Armageddes
|
Rookie
Thumbs up 2006 Pedder's Suspension Upgrade

Just thought I'd pass along a review of the Pedder's lowering coils/shocks, bump steer correction and critical bushing upgrade we recently performed. If we had done it before, it may not have taken so long (about 8 hours). Thankfully, we did not have to drop the entire cradle out of the car (as suggested by the install instructions) to replace the sub-frame bushings.

Now that my '06 is almost ancient, these parts really put the car where it needs to be with respect to handling. Despite the Road Track package when new, the bushings I replaced made a noticeable difference, without over-modifying it. The ride is somewhat stiffer (and bumpier) than oem, but only if you were looking for it. My wife can't tell, and that's the important factor (she unfortunately does not see that sometimes comfort must be sacrificed for performance).

Overall, the car looks great, handles much better, and the 245/55/18 tires still fit under the wells. Oh yea, tires: unfortunately, now I can really feel sidewall roll -- the tires are the weak link -- and it's not easy to find a tire in that size. I was running BFG KDWS (which I liked but are apparently on permanent back order) and now have Cooper RS's. So, I'm thinking rim/tire upgrade is going to be a necessary evil of the future.

Lastly, Pedder's technical and customer support was frankly outstanding. During the install I was able to get a tech on the line -- it was like having an engineer in the garage. I had a question about alignment specs and they called me (yes, on the phone) twice, because they didn't catch me the first day. So overall, a big thumbs up.

Quick Reply: 2006 Pedder's Suspension Upgrade