Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2011 EVIC questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:22 AM
furiousgeorge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 EVIC questions...

I just got a 2011 Charger SE (3.6, black), and I have a couple questions regarding the EVIC. Is the compass optional? Everywhere I look I see pictures of the EVIC and they all have the compass, but mine doesn't. There is no reference to it in any menu. Also, everytime I shut the car down, the speed on the EVIC resets to MPH, but everything els stays as it should. The car was an x rental car, so maybe there is something that needs resetting? And last, upon starting, the touchscreen shows some warning about driving carefully or something, and I hit accept, but it does it every time it starts up, is that normal?

Old 03-12-2012, 04:01 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by furiousgeorge
I just got a 2011 Charger SE (3.6, black), and I have a couple questions regarding the EVIC. Is the compass optional? Everywhere I look I see pictures of the EVIC and they all have the compass, but mine doesn't. There is no reference to it in any menu. Also, everytime I shut the car down, the speed on the EVIC resets to MPH, but everything els stays as it should. The car was an x rental car, so maybe there is something that needs resetting? And last, upon starting, the touchscreen shows some warning about driving carefully or something, and I hit accept, but it does it every time it starts up, is that normal?

George,

Many fleet vehicles such as ones sold to rental companies have different configurations when it comes to option packages which may include the compass. If you PM me the vin I can send you a build sheet to see exactly what your vehicle is equipped with from the factory.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by furiousgeorge
upon starting, the touchscreen shows some warning about driving carefully or something, and I hit accept, but it does it every time it starts up, is that normal?
Yes, this is perfectly normal on all vehicles. You don't have to hit accept and the message will automatically go away after about 10 seconds. It is just a "Cover Your ***" message from Chrysler that it has to show the driver it is unsafe to use the Navigation system while driving.

Quick Reply: 2011 EVIC questions...