Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

brake rotors and calibers for 22in wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:22 PM
rboston80
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool brake rotors and calibers for 22in wheel

I placed 22's on my car and was having issues with the steering wheel shaking when speeds were over 60mph and when braking. We checked the tie rods and they had to be changed because pf the extra weight on them. Now the shaking has started again and my neighbor says it may be the rotors and calibers. My question is when I bought the car it was outfitted with 18in wheels. Do i need to purchase rotors for 22's or just replace the one I have with 18's? Also, what size do I need because I don't want to order the wrong one's Thanks

Old 09-03-2012, 11:03 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Most on-line venders list there brake choices based off the displacement size, model, year of your vehicle. Nobody really lists diameter size as an option, so finding the property size rotor and pad selection is rather simple.

Larger wheels with smaller profile tires can create stress on many parts, however when you replace your rotors, be sure to properly embed them as well. 22" wheels will not affect the current rotor size your vehicle is equipped with.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:52 PM
firemnfrank

When stopped and want to park or turn the wheel it is best to have the car moving a little, this way there is less stress on the steering components when the car is moving a little, when stopped completely you add more stress, I have done this on my charger with 20’s and 275 wide tires and only went through 1 set of tie rod ends and still have the original rack with 143,000 miles on it. You may want to check the lower control arm tension bushings on the lower suspension arm they go bad often especially with the extra stress of larger wheels under braking, I went through 2 sets of these
http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Dodge-Charger-lower-control-tension-arm-Left-5180607AB-

Quick Reply: brake rotors and calibers for 22in wheel