Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

R/T Exhaust systems ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Tas95xo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/T Exhaust systems ?

Was thinking about removing the back mufflers & replacing with just pipe with tips but found this cat-back set up. Has anyone done this with their car ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-12-Dodge-...70655539680%26

Old 11-18-2012, 11:02 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Basically you're just running straight pipes with that particular setup. A gentlemen in our Mopar club basically had that setup minus the "X" pipe on his RT, which indeed had a nice sound to it, without any muffler or resonators in the rear.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:23 AM
uaedurango
Amateur
Default 2006 RT Exhaust

hi, i have a 2006 RT. i had removed the rear resonators, and it was loud. this was with the stock mufflers. there was a lot of noise in the cabin. there was a significant "drone". then i went to Fox, and they put on new main mufflers with small resonators in the rear. quieter, but lots of drone. it is not the sound that i want. big problem is the 4-6-8 cylinder operation. due to this the majority of the time the engine is running either on 4 or 6 cylinders. this produces the drone, and is not like the typical V8 sound we know.

does anyone know of a system that sounds good? without a drone? has a good rap when accelerated, but otherwise has manners?

Last edited by uaedurango; 11-28-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:05 PM
rangerider13

Go with flow master 40's the choise of the hot rodders.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:08 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Originally Posted by uaedurango
hi, i have a 2006 RT. i had removed the rear resonators, and it was loud. this was with the stock mufflers. there was a lot of noise in the cabin. there was a significant "drone". then i went to Fox, and they put on new main mufflers with small resonators in the rear. quieter, but lots of drone. it is not the sound that i want. big problem is the 4-6-8 cylinder operation. due to this the majority of the time the engine is running either on 4 or 6 cylinders. this produces the drone, and is not like the typical V8 sound we know.

does anyone know of a system that sounds good? without a drone? has a good rap when accelerated, but otherwise has manners?
MDS only utilizes a 4 or 8 cylinder scenario, not 6. The majority of the drone is typically the muffler selection. Even with MDS completely disabled, I can produce the same symptoms which replicate a drone, (With the Magnaflow setup). Some exhaust setups are more pronounced, and MDS can add to the drone effect.

Quick Reply: R/T Exhaust systems ?