Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2007 Dodge C. R/T stickshifting problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM
account1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Dodge C. R/T stickshifting problem?

So I'm thinking about purchasing a previously owned 2007 Dodge Charger R/T.
I took it for a test drive today and one of the situations that came up was that when I put it into the stick shifting or "manual", I would have it in first gear, and I would try rapidly switching up gears to see how the response was on it but it wouldn't shift up. It would kind of lag or wouldn't shift at all. Im confused if this is how its suppose to be, like it wont shift up until it hits a certain speed or if there's a serious problem with the tranny.

My parents have a 2006 base model charger and their shifter they can be sitting still in neutral and go through all the gears from 1-4 rapidly and visa versa when driving. Im not sure if its just because the R/T has a hemi that the owners of dodge put in a certain system so that the engine wont get busted with bad shifts?

Can someone explain it to me a little bit better how the auto shifting works for the 2007 dodge charger RT hemi, please? I just dont wanna get screwed out of a lot of money and get a car that has more money problems to it then its worth. Thanks

Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by account1
So I'm thinking about purchasing a previously owned 2007 Dodge Charger R/T.
I took it for a test drive today and one of the situations that came up was that when I put it into the stick shifting or "manual", I would have it in first gear, and I would try rapidly switching up gears to see how the response was on it but it wouldn't shift up. It would kind of lag or wouldn't shift at all. Im confused if this is how its suppose to be, like it wont shift up until it hits a certain speed or if there's a serious problem with the tranny.

My parents have a 2006 base model charger and their shifter they can be sitting still in neutral and go through all the gears from 1-4 rapidly and visa versa when driving. Im not sure if its just because the R/T has a hemi that the owners of dodge put in a certain system so that the engine wont get busted with bad shifts?

Can someone explain it to me a little bit better how the auto shifting works for the 2007 dodge charger RT hemi, please? I just dont wanna get screwed out of a lot of money and get a car that has more money problems to it then its worth. Thanks
Account,

Depending where you test drove the vehicle this may apply. As per the Owner's Manual, page 208, during cold temperature operation you might notice delayed upshifts depending on engine and transmission temperature as well as vehicle speed. This feature improves warm time of the engine and transmission to achieve maximum efficiency.

I can not confirm this is causing the lag you are describing, but I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 2007 Dodge C. R/T stickshifting problem?