Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

RWD performance in slippery conditions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Secret Agent Man
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RWD performance in slippery conditions?

My dad is looking at getting a 2013 Dodge Charger and is concerned about the RWD performance in slippery conditions. I have an 09 Ram and the electronic stability does just fine for me even when I'm not in 4WD. I guess he's talked to some people with Chargers (pre-2011 redesign) that have had some problems. I just wanted to ask the experienced members of this forum how they like their 2011 and up Chargers in slippery conditions with the electronic stability and all. Any regrets in not getting AWD? We live in Ohio so we do get our fair share of snow and ice. Thanks!

Old 07-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Danny@PlanetDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It used to be the case that RWD was much tougher to drive in the winter. It is all about the weight distribution, and having all that weight on a FWD car towards the front improves traction in snow.

However, with a good combination of electronic traction control, winter tires, and some common sense, you will be just fine in winter conditions with any RWD car, especially in the 2013's.

Quick Reply: RWD performance in slippery conditions?