Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Thinking about it!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:08 PM
rayoj
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about it!!

Hello everyone. Stopping over here from the 3rd gen Ram forum because the wife is thinking about getting a new 2013 charger with the V-6 and 8 speed tranny. Just wanted to know how everybody feels about the car (any issues) and what to get and not to get. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you can go wrong with a new Charger. The Pentastar 3.6L V6 is a damned good engine, probably the best V6 Chrysler has built in my opinion. It gets good fuel economy and it's up in the 300hp range which is crazy considering not too long ago Dodge was selling 4.7L V8s that were putting out that kind of power and only getting about 20mpg versus the 30-31mpg you can get with the 3.6L V6. The 8 Speed trans is the same trans that's used in Bentley's, BMWs, the Rolls Royce Ghost, etc... So I think it's safe to say it's a damned good transmission.

I love my 2013 R/T AWD. I don't know that you'd need an AWD in AZ though so a RWD might be right up your alley. They have various options packages for the V6. I really recommend trying to find a Blacktop, it's an awesome package and I know you can get it with the V6. I would also try and make sure you get the 8.4" Uconnect system. It's really worth the extra money, I love mine! For it's size the new Chargers handle very well, the suspension is stiff enough that you don't get body roll and you can hug the curves but at the same time it's soft enough that it's not too bad on bumpier surfaces. The interior is very spacious, I went from a 2011 RAM to my 2013 Charger and really feel like I barely sacrificed any kind of space. It's definitely a big car, and the trunk is pretty huge so you've got plenty of room in the boot. The back seats fold down for even more space.

The interior is very quiet! The glass they use in these cars is laminated so it helps deaden outside noise and it'll also protect you in case of a collision as the laminated layers in the glass keep the glass from totally shattering into pieces. The wheel well liners have felt in them which is also a sound deadener. It's the little details like these that show that Chrysler/Fiat were really paying attention to the little things and they really wanted to address the complaints about the previous generation Chargers.

These cars are also head turners. I've gotten a lot of compliments from random strangers and I catch people staring at it all the time. It's a nice feeling knowing that you've got a nice car and it's nice meeting random Mopar loving strangers here and there to talk shop. So all in all I highly recommend the Charger whether you opt for the V6 or decide to step it up into a Hemi. It's a nice combination of aggressive muscle car type styling and the practicality of a four door sedan.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Last edited by Shibby927; 07-20-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Thinking about it!!