Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

'09 in accident, Need opinion on something! Please read!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 05:04 PM
californian1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry '09 in accident, Need opinion on something! Please read!

Hi all,

So on 5/15/13 I was rear ended and pushed into the car in front of me while me and the car in front of me were at a stop.

Extensive damage to front and read, and rear pass. door.

$10k in damage..

No problems present in car when I was hit. No leaks, nothing at all...

Fast fwd to when I get my car back from the body shop, there's a leak. I tell them I park my vehicle in my garage and there was no leak whatsoever present before the accident. They evaluate the leak and all.. They say it's not from the accident.

The leak is the rear main seal. A spring seal apparently.

I'm fighting for a second opinion as USAA does not want to deal with it. They say it's not related to the accident at all.

(Side note, USAA is MY insurance. Farmers is who's responsible for the accident).

What I wanna know, anyone want to offer any opinion if they think this is related to the accident or not? I'm not sure just how much I should fight for this to be fixed. I do want to fight for a couple reasons, 1. there was NO leak before the accident, 2. I don't wanna "settle" and just accept this. I don't feel comfortable owning a car with a leak, no matter how minor or how large.

Thanks in advance to those who will take the time to read this and reply

-californian1

Old 08-20-2013, 05:46 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep fighting it. Something was missed and needs to be rectified. To back to the garage and talk to them, they are the ones that will make the money. If that doesn't work, call your insurance company and explain to them and see if they will push. Then call the insurance that is to blame, mention that if this isn't taken care of, you will be looking into getting a lawyer.

Don't settle, ever. It is your happiness not theirs.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:42 AM
californian1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what happened but I replied.. Not showing..

The garage (body shop) isn't helping. They say it's not related and they can't do anything. They claim they tried. I think what it is, is that there isn't any $ left because of the limits. (Farmers insurance wanted it totalled, but USAA had it fixed and got reimbursed because in the end, the damage was not over the value of the car, So my guess is, they don't have room to spend more $...)

My insurance isn't helping. Haven't been able to get authorization for a second opinion. Left a msg with my rep yesterday. No call back today, probably tomorrow. Another option is calling Farmers (responsible party). But I don't foresee them helping. From day 1 they weren't happy MY insurance took over the claim. Which btw I now know, I shouldn't allow that. Because of that, I had to cover the rental car and request reimbursement, had trouble getting that reimbursed too.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I hope this gets settled. I'm just not liking the fact that there's now a leak. And it's no minor leak, they'd have to pull the transmission to replace this rear main seal. Feels like my car is damaged goods now. If I ever wanted to sell, it doesn't look good. It's overall an inconvenience really.

Quick Reply: '09 in accident, Need opinion on something! Please read!