Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2008 Charger Interior Windows Freeze

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 11:28 AM
Bree
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Charger Interior Windows Freeze

I have had an ongoing problem with my 2008 Charger interior windows freezing up constantly.

I have tried everything. It's a safety issue. I have to roll down the windows to be able to see oncoming traffic.

I have taken it to the Dodge dealer numerous times.

This time, after having the car for four days, they say the car was low on freon causing the AC compressor not to function properly. That is why the windows are freezing.

Do this sound right?

Old 02-18-2014, 05:10 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bree
I have had an ongoing problem with my 2008 Charger interior windows freezing up constantly.

I have tried everything. It's a safety issue. I have to roll down the windows to be able to see oncoming traffic.

I have taken it to the Dodge dealer numerous times.

This time, after having the car for four days, they say the car was low on freon causing the AC compressor not to function properly. That is why the windows are freezing.

Do this sound right?
Bree,

I am sorry to learn of your defrosting issue. Dodge dealers are well equipped and trained to address vehicle concerns. From a technical stand point, speaking with the Service Manager will help to clarify what the dealer diagnosis has revealed.

A large amount of condensation on the interior can also be caused by environmental factors. For example, damp or wet floor mats can increase the amount of condensation.

Take Care,

Old 02-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Bree
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Listed below are the numerous things I have tried to correct this problem:
· Used the AC with temp dialed to the top
· Driving with the window open a bit
· Verified all floor mats weren’t wet or holding moisture
· Verified there is nothing wet in the car
· Verified all windows were completely closed
· Cleaned the interior windows
· Verified there was no obstruction near the intake
· Ran every setting at different temperatures

Old 02-21-2014, 05:46 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are your windows frozen when you first get in or do they freeze while driving?

Where are you located at?

The most common reason for interior frozen windows is an open fluid container such as a soda or coffee mug left in car over night. As a test, you can put a sunshade up against the interior of you window and see if that seems to help.

As dodgecares mentions with the floor mats, even the slightest a dampness will evaporate up and sit on the windows after the car shuts down. If you are in a snowy environment, your floor mats are probably damp. If they have the rubber tops, the water really doesn't have anywhere to go but up. The all cloth floor mats are little better.

Another thing to look at is your moon roof, if you have one. You may have a leak and not even know it. I will explain more if you actually have a moon roof.

Is your cars heater working properly? Just asking because you say you drive having to look out the window because of the freeze. Is the defrost not working? If now, you may have a clogged coil, thus allowing condensation built up inside of car you can't see.

Last thing I can comment on. Are you a gym rat.

Bottom line is that interior freeze is caused by interior moisture. We have to find it and fix it.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:30 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bree
Listed below are the numerous things I have tried to correct this problem:
· Used the AC with temp dialed to the top
· Driving with the window open a bit
· Verified all floor mats weren’t wet or holding moisture
· Verified there is nothing wet in the car
· Verified all windows were completely closed
· Cleaned the interior windows
· Verified there was no obstruction near the intake
· Ran every setting at different temperatures
Bree,

As the attempts you have made to pinpoint a possible moisture source causing interior window freeze have been unsuccessful, it would be beneficial to discuss the dealer diagnosis with the Service Manager. As you have previously said, the dealer advised freon level has affected the functionality of the AC condenser.

If you have questions regarding that diagnosis, the Service Manager will be able to provide details of how the system functions and how it is affecting your Charger.

Quick Reply: 2008 Charger Interior Windows Freeze