Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2007 Dodge Charger SXT 3.5 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 02:00 AM
chakadog51
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Dodge Charger SXT 3.5 Engine

Last week the ABS, BAS, ESP warning lights came on and stayed on around the same time the transmission started shifting erratic the RPMS go high before it shifts but does not do it all the time sometimes it will shift normal can you help by letting me know what could be causing the problems and are they related

Old 08-15-2014, 09:17 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chakadog51
Last week the ABS, BAS, ESP warning lights came on and stayed on around the same time the transmission started shifting erratic the RPMS go high before it shifts but does not do it all the time sometimes it will shift normal can you help by letting me know what could be causing the problems and are they related
chakadog51,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue.

The warning lights you are observing indicate that a malfunction has been detected relating to either the Anti-Lock Brake system, the Brake Assist System or the Electronic Stability Program.

Have any fault codes been displayed? Regarding the erratic shifting, is it occurring with a particular gear or speed?

Old 08-15-2014, 02:45 PM
chakadog51

Thanks for the prompt reply the shifting problem is in drive when taking off from a dead stop and it takes long to shift into 2nd gear kind of feels like it is in low gear and the RPMS go to about 3,000 and then it will shift hard and when you slow up before coming to a stop it will downshift hard but it does not do it all the time.Sometimes it acts normal I found that if I let the car idle in park for about 1 minute before I put it in gear it does not seem to have the shifting problem This shifting problem started right after the ABS, BAS, ESP lights came on and stayed on. I have an OBD II/EOBD Code reader With CAN capability The menu on the reader can check Engine PCM and Transmission PCM in either one no error codes were found

Last edited by chakadog51; 08-15-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:49 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chakadog51
Thanks for the prompt reply the shifting problem is in drive when taking off from a dead stop and it takes long to shift into 2nd gear kind of feels like it is in low gear and the RPMS go to about 3,000 and then it will shift hard and when you slow up before coming to a stop it will downshift hard but it does not do it all the time.Sometimes it acts normal I found that if I let the car idle in park for about 1 minute before I put it in gear it does not seem to have the shifting problem This shifting problem started right after the ABS, BAS, ESP lights came on and stayed on. I have an OBD II/EOBD Code reader With CAN capability The menu on the reader can check Engine PCM and Transmission PCM in either one no error codes were found
chakadog51,

Intermittent concerns can sometimes be a little more difficult to pinpoint. It seems as though you have noticed a trend in that it is more frequent if the transmission is not left for a minute or so.

Using this, have you been able to duplicate the concern with any consistency? If so, it would be beneficial to demonstrate the issue for the service dept. to help the diagnosis process.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Lakeviewcharger

my 2006 charger 3.5 sxt was stalling at corners or when you come to a stop and when you tried to pass someone the tach would drop to 0 and my traction lights would come on and the light with a lightning bolt. They replaced my ECM I believe it was called and it runs fine. Hollenbecks out of Greenville Mi is where i took mine. They sent it to Van Andel Sikema out of Grand Rapids Mi. Runs fine now. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 2007 Dodge Charger SXT 3.5 Engine