Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Rear end drift/over steering

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 09:53 AM
DMWCSE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear end drift/over steering

Need some help guys. I have a 2011 charger r/t AWD with a 5.7. I have done a few minor improvements (flowmaster exhaust and a cold air intake) I am having an issue where when I step on the gas (does not matter how hard) the rear end feels like it is drifting to the right. It is very noticeable when going up hills to the point I need to over steer to keep the car going straight. It does not do it when rolling along on the interstate at about 70mph. It is not shifting hard and the engine is running strong. It has about 76k miles on it. I am not a huge mechanical car person, but everything I have researched is pointing towards a possible rear differential or bushing or control arm issue. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a pic of My Charger....

Thank you,

DMWCSE

Attached Thumbnails Rear end drift/over steering-2011-charger.gif  
Old 09-06-2015, 01:04 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

I would agree with you....what ever locates the rear end may be loose. doing a full suspension check would be a good starting point.
I believe it uses an irs so something like a worn toe link or control arm will change the toe setting...causing a directional change. this is a safety issue so address it promptly.

Quick Reply: Rear end drift/over steering