Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

07 Charger multiple issues.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:31 PM
Kasapicola
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Charger multiple issues.

I hve a 2007 Charger 3.5 v6. Was a cop car. It began hesitating thn the lightening bolt popped on as it began to cough n sputter when I pulled up to my mailbox. It died. The lightening bolt (electronic throttle) thn the esp bas, the traction control and oil lights came on and it died. It restarted but every time I came to a stop sign or slowed down, the lightening bolt wld pop on n it'd die. The oil light almost always came on though I had perfect amount of oil. I always hve my oil changed... On time. Castrol. Thn I pulled into my grandma's the day before my car mechanic cld get to my car which was almost 2 wks since that mess started. Whn I got back in my car at my grandma's, it wouldn't start. I slept there and the next morning we turned it over 4 or 5 times and it threw a rod. I heard it and knew immediately. I just finally got a motor put in and it's still doing the same things. Lights popping on and dying. The oil light stays on as well. Checked oil pressure and it's at 60. I am worried that the motor locking up has something to do with the oil light and the other lights. I still owe $5000 on the car as well as hving to borrow $1000 to add to what I had already to pay for the motor... So I must get this fixed. I just started an awesome new job and it will go in the shop next Monday while I'm out of town for training. Please... Please someone help me!

Old 09-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Kasapicola

Also... I was when he changed my motor out, he took the sensors off of my old motor... Should he hve done that? The motor he put in was a 2010...wld he have been able to leave the other sensors on from the new motor?
Originally Posted by Kasapicola
I hve a 2007 Charger 3.5 v6. Was a cop car. It began hesitating thn the lightening bolt popped on as it began to cough n sputter when I pulled up to my mailbox. It died. The lightening bolt (electronic throttle) thn the esp bas, the traction control and oil lights came on and it died. It restarted but every time I came to a stop sign or slowed down, the lightening bolt wld pop on n it'd die. The oil light almost always came on though I had perfect amount of oil. I always hve my oil changed... On time. Castrol. Thn I pulled into my grandma's the day before my car mechanic cld get to my car which was almost 2 wks since that mess started. Whn I got back in my car at my grandma's, it wouldn't start. I slept there and the next morning we turned it over 4 or 5 times and it threw a rod. I heard it and knew immediately. I just finally got a motor put in and it's still doing the same things. Lights popping on and dying. The oil light stays on as well. Checked oil pressure and it's at 60. I am worried that the motor locking up has something to do with the oil light and the other lights. I still owe $5000 on the car as well as hving to borrow $1000 to add to what I had already to pay for the motor... So I must get this fixed. I just started an awesome new job and it will go in the shop next Monday while I'm out of town for training. Please... Please someone help me!

Old 09-19-2016, 12:22 AM
Kasapicola
Default ...

It also is no longer blowing cold air and it's guzzling gas! Just trying to make sure I get all the information on here....
Originally Posted by Kasapicola

Old 09-20-2016, 08:07 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

I'd take it back to whoever changed the motor and tell them to fix it right the first time.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:07 AM
Kasapicola
Default Sighhhh

It was acting up before the motor went out. I only used the guy tht I used for my motor because he was able to get a good motor from a guy he knew tht only deals with Dodges. I am taking it to my regular mechanic this next week. Last night, I rolled the window down and now that window won't roll up. I really don't know what is going on.
Originally Posted by jkeaton
I'd take it back to whoever changed the motor and tell them to fix it right the first time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07 Charger multiple issues.