Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2013 p0741-torque converter clutch circuit performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 11:13 PM
robpal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 p0741-torque converter clutch circuit performance

hi, been doing some research on my problem. that research lead me to these forums.

the issue i am having is the po741 code when i scan my 2013 charger. i replaced the tcc solenoid and checked wire connections, cleared codes and the check engine light came on after 50 miles of drive time. my questions is can the ECT sensor be causing the torque converter to remain stuck off? im trying to eliminate the the easy fixes before i replace the valve body or open the tranny. any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:40 PM
ccaudio1

Originally Posted by robpal
hi, been doing some research on my problem. that research lead me to these forums.

the issue i am having is the po741 code when i scan my 2013 charger. i replaced the tcc solenoid and checked wire connections, cleared codes and the check engine light came on after 50 miles of drive time. my questions is can the ECT sensor be causing the torque converter to remain stuck off? im trying to eliminate the the easy fixes before i replace the valve body or open the tranny. any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Have you done a routine tranny fluid service and have the fluid and filter changed? this was suggested on the other forum. (www.chargerforums.com).

Old 04-05-2017, 11:58 PM
ccaudio1

Originally Posted by robpal

had the same code issue. 2013 as well. Since the charger was still covered on the 100,000 powertrain warranty i took it to the dealer today and they are replacing the torque converter and any other parts that's associated with that code for free.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:28 AM
robpal

Thanks for reply, yes I did a tranny flush. And I'm pricing the tc. Hoping that will correct the issues.