Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Advice pls! 2014 compressor-- tranny failure?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Jennie Luiten
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice pls! 2014 compressor-- tranny failure?

Need advice/help please-- my 2014 charger SE is in the shop for tranny issues, basically there's no power upon gas acceleration-- it idles fine but zero power when pressing gas pedal ... took to shop-- initial computer codes came back as 'gear ratio errors''--- but now this dodge dealership is telling me that the problem supposedly stems from an accident I had 6 months ago in dec 2016.... it was a hit and run, bumper was replaced, hood, radiator, and some other etc parts as well..( had no real issues from dec to may) . took to this same dealership in January for check engine light-- diagnosis was catalytic converter-- they fixed no prob( covered by powertrain warranty)--- now the same place is refusing to fix my prob because they say the Compresor is damaged and causing tranny fluid to leak and possibly causing tranny failure (A/C compressor?-- they are very 'non explanatory) so they won't even look at the tranny until that is fixed!!!-- but my questions-- how would that prob make the tranny totally just not work-- isn't the radiator responsible for engine cooling and the compressor responsible for AC functions inside the car? and--- how did they not catch that prob when I took the car to them in January?, wouldn't the comuter diag have shown a mechanical failure at that time????--- currently working with Chrysler to move my car to another dealership as the car has sat there for 20+ days before even getting looked at--- but just wondering if this is all sounding 'normal' to anyone else with more experience?? If so please I would love to be more educated on this, the dealership is offering me no help and just talking circles and backtracking every time I ask further questions... Thank you!

Old 06-02-2017, 11:14 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

can't see how an ac compressor has anything to do with the trans. Is the compressor clutch seized and the pulley won't rotate? You would hear a belt squeal and rubber burning smell

if your concern is lack of power; that can be an engine related issue and should be resolved before starting any trans work.

if you feel the dealer is giving you double talk. Ask for an explanation, if you don't like what they say, take it somewhere else.

Last edited by primem; 06-02-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Jennie Luiten
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your knowledge.... there has never been any trans slipping, belt slipping or burning smell.... I have asked for further explanation from the service advisor and just keep getting circles of explanation that don't add up, I am not a first time car owner and have had cars before where tranny has had to be replaced so it's not my first rodeos... last he was telling me was that the AC compressor had caused all the transmission fluid to leak from the ca ( how, ? I've had no real answer to that question) r--- but for the last 3 mo this I've been using a parking garage daily--- had my car been leaking fluid they would have alerted me.... I'm moving my car tomorrow to another dealership... the dealership I bought it from in Leavittown NY. The Chrysler corporate us working with me for towing expenses etc.... thus dealership in Yonkers NY is notorious for bad customer service, I've been finding out recently...