Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2011 SE Charger Clear Coat bubbleing and peeling

Old 07-04-2017, 12:27 PM
Moparism
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 SE Charger Clear Coat bubbleing and peeling

Had this car for about 2 years. Still got a crap ton of payments on it, and need to know how i can stop this, or maybe what the cost to fix it would be? How does this happen?

Old 07-06-2017, 08:18 AM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You got splashed with a chemical or someone took an ice pick to it.
Looks kind of like brake fluid but not sure. BF will creep under paint and make it crinkle.

Body shop may be able to buff ir down and re=clear coat. They usually want to do the whole affected panel.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Moparism
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to a local body shop. Guy said he never seen something like that before. His guess was that it was an aftermarket spoiler, and they did a crap job and it just didnt last. I didnt get the car brand new, so i dont know what the previous owner might have done, or if the spoiler came stock with the car. He did in fact say that they would repaint and coat the whole spoiler, would be about 400 dollars.

I would hope that it wasnt BF or some kind of other chemical. I would assume if someone wanted to damage my paint on my car they would have chosen to do the whole car, or other spots besides the spoiler. Or unless the oil change shop might have dropped some on the back on accident and just didnt tell me. No matter the cause its gonna cost 400 fun bucks.

Search this Thread