Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Bought 3 New Chargers, Got none home.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:51 PM
Crytot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bought 3 New Chargers, Got none home.

This month I purchased three brand new 2017 Chargers. A Daytona and two Scat Packs.

Car #1 was "stolen" by the trading dealership.
Car #2 would not start and was incomplete from the factory.
Car #3 blew the transmission after 415 miles.

The story is a long one but now Dodge says I have to keep the third one even though the transmission blew up after 415 miles and I never got it home.

I am on level three of customer service and the fight is just getting started. If you have the time, you can see the whole story on my page. www.nate1040.com

I will try to attached the story in .pdf here, but I am not sure it will post properly.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 08-03-2017, 01:48 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Let them fix car#3 and just drive it. It will still have a warranty. Make them give you a lifetime bumper to bumper for your troubles and be done with them.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:14 AM
Crytot

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Let them fix car#3 and just drive it. It will still have a warranty. Make them give you a lifetime bumper to bumper for your troubles and be done with them.
Corporate called me and offered me a lifetime warranty. I accepted. The car is rapidly approaching lemon status just because of days in shop. I still don't have it and won't have until the end of this month.
I now have the option, should it ever arrive.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Crytot

I just received my "lifetime" warranty paperwork.
It clearly states in it that my car, Scat Pack, is not covered and if it is ever determined that my car is not eligible for coverage the policy will be cancelled.
It has been 35 days and I still do not have the car.

They have given me nothing for my trouble, and will not reimburse my costs.

I am going to Lemon the car and get all of my money back in court.

Crazy that they would treat a 45 year brand loyal customer this way.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:37 PM
TurboRev

Sorry to hear about all the issues you've had. Lifetime warranty is a good start. Hope everything goes well with the Lemon issue as well.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:06 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

post back the final result. how long with that take...

Old 10-03-2017, 08:35 AM
Crytot

Originally Posted by primem
post back the final result. how long with that take...
Well, on September 1st, forty one days later, my car #3 was delivered to my door. The left rear tire was flat, the other three tires had 51,52,and 53 pounds of air in them. The car was filthy and had not been washed since I had last seen it on the wrecker on July 23rd. The inside was filthy too. I guess the mechanics getting in and out didn't really give a sh_t.

So now, finally, because they took 41 days to repair it and 30 days is the magic number for the Lemon Law, Chrysler has decided to buy back my car. I have to get them the payoff figure and detail everything I have spent and supposedly I deliver the car to a dealer and get a check. We will see.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:52 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

41 days is to long to complete this repair; you got your desired result...out of dodge. If the turn around time was 1 week, if they detailed your car and repaired what caused the low tire; would you have been satisfied?

Old 10-04-2017, 11:36 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Crytot
Well, on September 1st, forty one days later, my car #3 was delivered to my door. The left rear tire was flat, the other three tires had 51,52,and 53 pounds of air in them. The car was filthy and had not been washed since I had last seen it on the wrecker on July 23rd. The inside was filthy too. I guess the mechanics getting in and out didn't really give a sh_t.

So now, finally, because they took 41 days to repair it and 30 days is the magic number for the Lemon Law, Chrysler has decided to buy back my car. I have to get them the payoff figure and detail everything I have spent and supposedly I deliver the car to a dealer and get a check. We will see.
They've been VERY lethargic about their attentiveness to buy backs I've noticed. We've seen 2 this year, both we actually fixed eventually. The damn things are STILL sitting on our lot though. It's really bizarre to me.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:24 PM
Crytot

I am now the proud owner of car #4. Dodge bought back my bad transmission car a couple days short of four months. Everything is cool now.

Search this Thread