Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2015 Dodge Charger A/C problems

Old 10-10-2017, 12:12 PM
rmarvelx86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Dodge Charger A/C problems

Hello,
My charger just went out of warrantee and now things are breaking but right now I'm focusing on my A/C problem. It has worked flawlessly up until about a week ago but now the A/C fan does not seem to be working. I tried heat and it does not work either. I did notice that at times while I'm riding down the road I'll feel cold air coming slowly out of the vents. When this happens if I pull over and slow down the air slowly stops so I'm assuming that is outside air pressure forcing the air in. But what also happens is while I'm riding down the road the air this low air flow will suddenly stop for a while and start again.
I will add that prior to having any problems I did notice a sound from the AC system that sounded like flapping.
My gut at first is a bad fan but from doing a lot of reading it appears there could be other factors and not the fan.
I'm trying to come up with a sensible game plan on where to start looking and replacing.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:08 AM
Meo2003
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no air

Originally Posted by rmarvelx86
Hello,
My charger just went out of warrantee and now things are breaking but right now I'm focusing on my A/C problem. It has worked flawlessly up until about a week ago but now the A/C fan does not seem to be working. I tried heat and it does not work either. I did notice that at times while I'm riding down the road I'll feel cold air coming slowly out of the vents. When this happens if I pull over and slow down the air slowly stops so I'm assuming that is outside air pressure forcing the air in. But what also happens is while I'm riding down the road the air this low air flow will suddenly stop for a while and start again.
I will add that prior to having any problems I did notice a sound from the AC system that sounded like flapping.
My gut at first is a bad fan but from doing a lot of reading it appears there could be other factors and not the fan.
I'm trying to come up with a sensible game plan on where to start looking and replacing.
If you manually adjust the blower speed and there is no change (you don't even hear the fan engaging) my money would be on the blower motor being defective I would pull it first and bench test it or just replace it also could be the blower motor resistor another thing when you're pulling the blower wiggle the wire harness with fan on high and verify you don't have a short in the harness before pulling it, (recently had to repair my 2013 Dodge Durango wiring harness due to a short) but again If no air movement Id lean towards blower motor

Search this Thread