Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 Dodge Charger 3.5l need some information

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 10:07 PM
Ronan420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dodge Charger 3.5l need some information

okay like I said in topic I have a 2006 Dodge Charger sxt with a 3.5l engine. I took the radiator and ac condenser off to remove the ac clutch pulley to put s new bearing in everything is back together fine so finally to the question what is the r-134a capacity? The owners manual does not say and the sticker isn’t readable. Another question is since I disconnected everything to take it out should I vacuum the ac system before I recharge the ac, I know there isn’t any leaks just took off to get to the clutch pulley easier.

Last edited by Ronan420; 02-16-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Yes you will need to put it under vacuum. Since you opened it you should replace the drier as well. Don’t forget compressor oil. Can’t help with capacity. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:08 PM
Ronan420

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Yes you will need to put it under vacuum. Since you opened it you should replace the drier as well. Don’t forget compressor oil. Can’t help with capacity. Hopefully someone will chime in.
So putting it under a vacuum will also take the compressor oil out? Sorry I don’t know much but trying to learn so I don’t have to pay more for a mechanic to do it.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:17 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

AC systems are not something you want to fool around with if you don’t know what you are doing. Extremely high pressures are present in the system while in operation.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:24 PM
Ronan420

Originally Posted by jkeaton
AC systems are not something you want to fool around with if you don’t know what you are doing. Extremely high pressures are present in the system while in operation.
i understand and it’s under extremely high pressure I am sure the air lines and compressor at my job are higher pressure will be very cautious just rather learn how to fix my own car 🙃

Old 02-16-2018, 11:54 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

no, a vacuum will not pull oil out of the compressor sump. a small amount of oil comes out with the refrigerant during recovery. that amount should be added after the system is vacuumed. a vacuum for 20minutes minimum is needed to boil out all of the moisture you have let in by opening the system. technically, you should replace the reciever drier as the dessicant is now saturated from air exposure. any moisture trapped in the system creates acid when it contacts the refrigerant, it also lowers the systems efficiency.
the only accurate charging method is with a a/c machine. home charging is not accurate. get a quote, its not that bad.

If you must, the system capacity is 1.625 lbs

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Charger 3.5l need some information