Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Not sure what to do

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 08:02 PM
escoo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure what to do

I need advice on a situation.. so I financed a Dodge Charger years ago and unfortunately I snapped my timing belt due to me not changing it in time, I have about 127k miles on it..I can get a new vehicle no money down I知 jus not sure what to do with this one keep it? Or get rid of it?.. so I still owe about 3,600$ on it and it痴 gonna cost me atleast 3,000$ to fix.. it needs a new engine.. I was going to keep it since it値l be paid off soon and jus fix it, but a few ppl are telling me to jus pay the loan with the 3k instead sell it to a junk yard or something and get a new car, either way I知 losing money I guess.. what should I do? How much can I get for a car with no engine?

Old 03-03-2018, 10:38 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Hard to say without seeing the car, knowing the condition of the car, model year, engine as it all determines its value. That number would be nice to know before making a decision.

if the resale of the car is 3-4 g but you have to put 3 g into it...makes no sense to fix it and sell it...so your remaining options are to fix it and keep it or sell it broken.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:26 PM
escoo

Originally Posted by primem
Hard to say without seeing the car, knowing the condition of the car, model year, engine as it all determines its value. That number would be nice to know before making a decision.

if the resale of the car is 3-4 g but you have to put 3 g into it...makes no sense to fix it and sell it...so your remaining options are to fix it and keep it or sell it broken.
its a 2010 Dodge Charger sxt with the 3.5 engine, and yea I know I won稚 be able to fix and sell for profit I知 jus wondering if it痴 worth keeping because more than likely I値l have to do more work in the near future.. how much would u say I can get if it痴 in good condition? Would I atleast get a thousand for it?

Old 03-03-2018, 08:56 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

a internet search in my area shows 30 running 2010 chargers, private sale and the cheapest is listed at $4000. check prices in your area.

IMO you would sell it fast for $1000...i would post it higher...$2000 and you have room to negotiate.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:56 PM
escoo

Originally Posted by primem
a internet search in my area shows 30 running 2010 chargers, private sale and the cheapest is listed at $4000. check prices in your area.

IMO you would sell it fast for $1000...i would post it higher...$2000 and you have room to negotiate.
ok thanks I appreciate the feedback u致e Been helpful.. take care

Quick Reply: Not sure what to do