Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Hemi tick after new lifters

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 05:27 PM
captain052
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi tick after new lifters

i have 2011 dodge charger road and track and i started getting this tick/clatter when cold and by time it got worse and sounded like a metal to metal tapping. it only does it when cold and goes away or becomes quieter when warm. quiet enough to not notice it. but when its cold its very noticible and does not sound healthy. so i decided to replace the lifters and ended up replacing the Lifters, cam, pushrods,piston rings and all new gaskets. and after i changed all that it came back few weeks after. the tone was lower but it was there. so i ignored it and it almost went away for a few months and now its back again after 11 months and its loud again and i know it will get worse with time because thats how it started before. i read tons of forums and almost watched every video on youtube on this tick/clatter and no one has a solution. iam fedup after spending this much money. i tried royal purple hps before made no difference. so iam now with mopar oem oil and filter. PLEASE I NEED THE HELP OF ALL THE EXPERTS HERE. here is a video link to the sound.
1-
2-

Quick Reply: Hemi tick after new lifters