Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Dead Charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Okc1lubedealer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead Charger

Hello all! First time post. I have an 07 charger sxt. 3.5L, automatic rear wheel drive.

The wife was was saying that there were times when it would not want to start on first try. That it would just click, and then the next try it would start.

So so I pull starter and of course the small wire at the spade terminal broke. I took starter in and it failed test. Took new starter home, install and start. I hope I got both large wires on the right studs. Seemed as though they would only go one way so I don’t think that an issue.
On first attempt the car starts but the starter keeps spinning. It did sound like disengaged, just kept spinning.

turn off and second attempt. Same thing. Third attempt just clicking. Pull starter. Take back for bench test and it failed.

Second new starter. Bench test before I leave.
Install and start. This time it sounded like clunk as it disengaged. Now maybe I screwed up this time because I left it up on the jack stands when I started it.
After the clunk from starter it started to whine. This seems strange. I don’t understand. I didn’t think it was that hard to change a starter. Although first time on a charger.

I let let the car down and now it will not do anything.

All lights come on. When I turn key I can hear the relays clicking. Sound like a lot in the trunk. Maybe one under the hood.

Ihave the the lightning bolt in backwards parentheses. No clicking at starter.

Any my help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Mike.

Quick Reply: Dead Charger