Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

06 Charger U0100 and P0700 ~Need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Midnight7
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 06 Charger U0100 and P0700 ~Need help!!

I have a 06 Dodge Charger 5.7l v8 hemi. Was driving down the interstate my rpms dropped, check engine light, light bulb light, and oil light came on and car died and steering wheel locked up. Got the car restarted and to a mechanic said I needed new spark plugs, so replaced all of them. Car drove fine for awhile then did the same thing except rpms went to 0 and it limped. Had it towed to Dodge, they said I need a new Throttle body and my fuel injectors cleaned, had that done. Car did the same exact thing with same 2 codes. Got it to another mechanic and the replaced my crank sensor and my egr valve. Car ran great for a week with no problem. Went over a railroad track and the car is back to the same thing. I seriously need help!!

P.S. I already had my PCM and TCM checked and my battery and they are all good.

The following users liked this post:
Smokey0206 (03-24-2024)
Old 09-17-2018, 02:04 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you know where your PCM is ? Under a cover on passenger side by wipers. 2 push clips hold it on. While the car is running fine and idling reach down and rock each connector back and forth, see what happens. C2 weak solder on ckt board is a common problem due to the PCM being mounted vertically. Over time the wiring pulls and vibrates downward. The ****ty thing is though, there is a 75% chance the reman they sell you anywhere will have the same issue. It's not something reman facilities can test for.

Another common problem is the oil pressure sensor shorting the 5V reference.

If they put ANY aftermarket sensors in your car, take them out and get the OEM ones.

In addition, as you get close to 150K, start pulling the money together to replace ALL your coils.

It's a shame you had to take it to so many people. Come back and leave some answers and I'll get back with you.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:25 PM
AKCallahan
Professional

Originally Posted by TNtech
In addition, as you get close to 150K, start pulling the money together to replace ALL your coils.
I've never heard of replacing the coil packs but now that you've mentioned it, I'm curious. At what point do they need to be replaced? I'm at 190k and never replaced the coils. What symptoms will show if they need to be replaced?

Old 11-02-2018, 06:00 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AKCallahan
I've never heard of replacing the coil packs but now that you've mentioned it, I'm curious. At what point do they need to be replaced? I'm at 190k and never replaced the coils. What symptoms will show if they need to be replaced?
One will short at random and probably shut the whole car down, erase the PCM memory, then start right back up. About 150+ mainly, but I've had a couple do it around 100.

Old 11-02-2018, 06:50 PM
AKCallahan
Professional

Originally Posted by TNtech
One will short at random and probably shut the whole car down, erase the PCM memory, then start right back up. About 150+ mainly, but I've had a couple do it around 100.
So would you safely say that if I'm not experiencing any issues to not replace them at this time?

Old 03-24-2024, 06:10 PM
Smokey0206
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am having the same problem with my 2010 persiut. found out that the alternator fryed the pcm/ecm. maybe you shout try that.

Quick Reply: 06 Charger U0100 and P0700 ~Need help!!