Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2010 Charger shutting off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 12:51 PM
ChargerARMY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2010 Charger shutting off.

Hello. I drive a 2010 Charger 3.5L V6 and currently having an issue. I ran out of oil driving down the road. I did not know I was low on oil due to the low oil light not coming on. Afterwards when I put oil in it the car and it started back up and ran. After a few miles I was getting a loud knocking noise and the car shut off. I left it for a night in a parking lot and towed it home the day after. When looking for problems online my issue sounded like a bad Rotary Arm Assembly. I replaced the driver side assembly. The car sounded better when sitting in idle. After putting the engine under a load the noise came back just as bad. The car also shut off again and the oil light came on. I'm not sure if its the other assembly making the knocking sound or it's deeper in the engine. We tried pinpointing where the noise is coming from but it sounds the same no matter where you listen from. I would like to get someone's opinion to what the issue might be before I get the engine torn apart. Also not sure which sensor is causing the car to shut off. We put a computer on it and it came back with no issues. Some of the sensors might be bad. If anyone might know what the problem could be some help would be much appreciated.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:21 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

What is a rotary arm assembly? Not familiar with that term. Running it out of oil could cause a host of pronlems internal to the engine. Have you had it diagnosed by a compentant mechanic? Check engine light on?

Quick Reply: 2010 Charger shutting off.